Some of supported brands/models:
- DVB World
- TT Budget
- Mystique SaTiX
- All BDA devices
- and many others...
DVB Dream has been regulary tested on these devices:
All BDA Compatible Devices (Genpix, TBS / Turbosight, FireDTV, Terratec Cinergy, KNC1, Compro VideoMate S350, Twinhan, Anysee, AMX, AverMedia, DVB World, Hauppauge, NetUP, Geniatech, Omicom, TechnoTrend, SkyStar HD, SkyStar HD2, Tevii and others...)
DVBWorld/SatStar2/Nextorm/Acorp TV878DS USB/PCI)
B2C2 (Airstar, Skystar2, Cablestar)
Pinnacle PCTV Sat/Lite/400i
Genpix Turbo-8PSK to USB device
Twinhan (On WDM drivers, all BT 878 PCI cards should work *)
Broadlogic - BL2030
Tongshi DVB-S cards/boxes
Technotrend TT-budget 3200
Tevii S630, S660 and others
Device tests/comments by users
(Please leave a comment for your device !)
Details Of Tested Devices
DVB Dream : v2.5 is available !
DVB Viewer Application
v2.5 (28.12.2013) What's New
- Some channel scan bugs fixed
- Fixed the problem with DVB-S2 channels not tuning on TBS cards
- Fixed a freezing problem with deleting channels (affected Windows 8 users mostly)
- Fixed EPGParser bug which causes freezings time to time(i.e. on Eutelsat 9A, 12034 V)
- TBS remote control fix
- Bug fixes for several TBS DVB-S2 models
- Supports new TBS cards
- Estonian language have been added
- * New theme: Yusuke Kamiyamane & Redeemer
- * If you use Windows 8 or if you have no video or video problems on Windows 7/XP, then please make sure you install codecs since Windows 8 doesn't include required codecs. You can find most of codecs by a simple google sarch, search and download "dvbdream codecs" on google or just click here. After installing new codecs, you should restart DVB Dream and select them (Main Menu->Options->Video or simply press CTRL+G). Some of the codecs will work better than others, depending on your system configuration.
WARNING: DO NOT USE CRACKED VERSIONS
ILLEGAL VERSIONS MIGHT HARM YOUR SYSTEM !
Cracked versions of DVB Dream won't work properly, and will cause a lot of problems on your system. If you want a stable work without risks, it is recommended to buy the software as it is not too expensive. So you will always have the latest version of DVB Dream.
- Fix for a minor streaming bug
- MIS substreams are listed automatically in manual scan dialog (tested on TBS 6925)
- * To test MIS in Europe, 13E Hotbird 11432 V 27500 is recommended, transponder seems to have PLS root code 8 with sub stream IDs 1 and 2
- Fixed DVB-T/C problem
- Fix for eurekalog problem
- Added option to "Disable/Ignore des.dll error" , in preferences, general tab
- Support for new modulation technologies, MIS with VCM/ACM , PLP and PLS (works only on TBS devices for now)
- E-AC3 support (This fixes no audio problem for some channels, tested with DVB-T France streams)
- An important HD record problem fixed
- New preferences option "Prevent Monitor Power Off (Override Windows power options)"
- Added experimental support for MadVR (a 3rd party video renderer claiming higher video quality) (MadVR info/download)
- Now possible to stream all channels / whole TS of a tranponder onto local network
- Streaming was not working on some channels (when PCR is different than Video) fixed!
- One-channel streaming provides all audio pids now
- Attempting to run the DD again now brings it to front instead of displaying a warning
- Option to collect EPG for other satellites too. (in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide) Only recommended for North American users
- Fixed the problem with EPG Cache optimization setting "Within X hours", now default EPG filter option will cache/display EPG events that are "within 5 hours", You can change this behaviour in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide).
- Option to start VLC from current record in renderless (in Tools menu, waits for 15 secs to have enough data. This option is meant to be used an alternative to timeshift, make sure you increased max file size in record options)
- * Channel list file format changed. DD takes a backup of old CHL and upgrades it to new format itself. New format won't be backward compatible
- * E-AC3 has been tested using LAV and MPC audio decoder. (MPC Standalone Filters, LAV Filters)
- * You can stream all channels from the same frequency. Just set UDP TS Client IP address to the client PC's address, then check "Active" and "Send all channels". DD might need a restart after this. Now you can start VLC on client PC and VLC's Main menu->Media->Open Network Stream, type this as URL "udp://@:1234", click on "Play". You can switch between channels using Main Menu->Playback->Program. DD will stream channels as decoded as a whole TS. Make sure you disable streaming when you don't use, otherwise it can cause problems while watching TV.
- * SIMOSD module might not work well, since it directly accesses to channel list file, it needs update from its author.
- * Use EPG cache optimization if you have video problems because of EPG cache / high EPG data rate (especially in North America)
EPGPlus (TV Guide) Channel logo packages:
- 129 West Ciel 2 satellite channel logos (09.04.2013)
- 75 East ABS-1 satellite channel logos (02.01.2013)
- 91 West Nimiq 1 satellite channel logos (03.12.2012)
- 82 West Nimiq 4 satellite channel logos (03.12.2012)
- 42 East Turksat satellite channel logos (29.10.2012)
- 119 West Echostar 14 satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 36 East Eutelsat 36 satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 7 West Nilesat satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 0.8 West Thor satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 23.5 East Astra 1D/3B satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 7 East Eutelsat 7a satellite channel logos (28.10.2012)
- 13 East Hotbird satellite channel logos (22.10.2012)
- 19.2 East Astra satellite channel logos (14.10.2012)
- 30 West Hispasat satellite channel logos (14.10.2012)
- 28.2 East Astra satellite channel logos(10.10.2012)
- DVB-T UK United Kingdom terrestrial channel logos (10.10.2012)
- DVB-T Germany Köln-Bonn Germany terrestrial channel logos (07.03.2013)
- DVB-T Germany Ost-Niedersachsen Germany terrestrial channel logos (07.03.2013)
- DVB-T Germany S__d-Niedersachsen Germany terrestrial channel logos (07.03.2013)
- DVB-T Germany West-Niedersachsen Unterweser Germany terrestrial channel logos (07.03.2013)
(Extract files to dvbdream\modules folder, enable channel logos in epgplus settings)
Anyone who would like to get free DD licence by preparing logos, please read here. (Currently North American (US) and We are currently in need of NA US and European DVB-Terrestrial/Cable provider logos...
channel logos are needed)
EPG Plus Screenshot:
- EPG Plus improvements (Tv window, channel logos, right click translate/search in IMDB/Google menu options, remote control support and possible to move between events by keyboard arrow keys.).
- Timeshift should work a lot better now
- New EPGNumbers module (by X05) will automatically assign channel numbers in the same order as provider's STB / EPG, for most of the European providers. You just need to select which provider you use in module options.
- Audio Left/Right channel selection (panning) on channel properties now works (to be used when audio channels have different languages or comments/narrative)
- New option "Display only selected satellite in remote tab" in prefences/ch.list
- "Assign SIDs to ChNo" Tools menu and scan dialog option. (Useful for North American users, you could just use the remote tab in STB order)
- New record file naming options. ($5=ChNo $6=SID $7=SatPos) Possible to include channel numbers in recordings now (It is so as default, if you assign channel numbers in remote tab)
- DVB Dream will scan faster when network search is NOT enabled.
- Bug fixes
- * EPGPlus is now default and EPG cache is enabled by default. So you can disable if you don't use EPG at all. Legacy EPG can be found in Tools/Misc menu as well.
- * TBSCI module is now disabled by default, you need to enable it if you use CAM on TBS devices
- * You can get a free DVB Dream licence !, if you can help us preparing a package of logo files for EPGPlus module (complete logo files for a satellite), check the related post in DD forum for details.
- * You can also get a free DD licence if you can add device support for the (yet) unsupported cards (We will provide sample source code if you can write a simple BDA extension to support diseqc & remote control etc on BDA drivers)
- * You can download EPG+ Channel logos for United Kingdom here:
and DVB-T UK (Extract files to dvbdream\modules folder)
- New grid based EPG module "EPGPlus", with coloring based on content type. (Try it and share your ideas/suggestions please. Main menu->Modules->epgplus. You need to activate EPG cache under settings / performance. Content coloring is ependent on your provider, not all providers send content info in EPG correctly)
- EPG should display characters correctly now (tested on 42e, 28e, 19e, 13e, 7w and DVB-T UK)
- Option to remember last selected quick favorites
- Bug fixes
- * If EPG still doesn't display characters correctly, please report on the forum by specifying region/satellite , frequency. We'll fix it.
- * LibertyReserve and Moneybookers payment options have been added.
- Registration problem fixed, caused problem for some registered users !
- DVB Dream now handles system wake up from sleep or hibernation.
- Windows 8 EVR crash fixed , which used to happen when switched back from the full screen mode
- Log files are now all in one place (\Logs)
- "Reset Device" menu option fixed, it was not working when more than one device of the same brand are installed
- EPG is now cached (disabled by default, grid-based epgplus module will use this feature, soon to be released)
- Now "Direct Connection" is enabled by default, in video options. Please remove the checkmark if you get any graph errors.
- * On terrestrial and cable devices, LCN (logical channel numbers) & Network Scan is enabled by default
- Hauppauge Nova HD s2 problem on 8psk channels fixed
- settings.cfg is automatically restored from backup if gets corrupted
- Some scan bug fixed (which caused nameless channels especially on 13e)
- TT-connect S2-4600, TeVii S660, S630 should work better now
- * Now you can tell DD how long it should wait until signal lock (Preferences->Performance->Tuner Timeout), this can speed up channel scan by removing unnecessary delay on no-signal transponders.
- New versions of TSWriter2, CHLTools, RecentRecordings, AutoCHLBackup modules
- Tool tips, possible to turn off ("Disable tool tips" in Preferences/General)
- Bug fixes
- DVBS-2 and Diseqc should work better on most of DVB cards/boxes now
- Now vendor specific functions are supported in separate BDA extension files under devices\bda_extensions folder, it is possible to force extensions by editing conf.ini
- DVB-C and DVB-T/ISDB-T improvements (different bandwidth and different QAM frequency lists are now possible)
- All terrestrial/cable frequencies are now grouped in country/city sets
- Now Pilot & Roll Off values can be specified on scan interfaces
- SkyStar HD2 should be able to lock on DVB-S2 transponders now
- DD automatically recognizes the codecs installed on your system and updates codecs.ini during setup, and there is also a new button "Add installed codecs" on video options dialog, to add newly installed codecs into codecs.ini with just one click
- Some network search and LCN related bugs fixed
- Diseqc repeats are now handled by device interfaces
- Positioner as defalt doesn't try to retune because of the crashes on some card drivers
- *If your SkyStar HD2 remote doesn't work, please try "Twinhan" remote type, and report on the DD forum
- *DVB-C and DVB-T/ISDB-T frequencies are now stored in "cable.ini" and "terrestrial.ini" files
- *For terrestrial and cable users, a clean install & scan is recommended
- *If you still have problem with diseqc, please report on the forum and try changing "main menu->options->device options->diseqc method" and increase the values in "main menu->options->performance->delay after diseqc" and "diseqc repeats"
- *If you have crashes during scan when you use BDA device interface, disable TIF under device options
- *If you are a programmer, believe that you can write device extensions to support your DVB cards/boxes please contact us, we will provide the API, it is quite simple. Possible to support CI / Diseqc / DVB-S2 / Blind Scan / LNB power off through device extensions
- *Report problems on DD forum please
- Critical bug fix which causes registered users to see "cracked version" message
- Some bug fixes
- Unicable support added (works only on TBS cards for now)
- CI/CAM support for AverMedia (not tested, please confirm)
- Support for NetUP devices (Diseqc & CI, not tested)
- BDA device error code:14 bug fixed which happens on some devices
- Initial installation dialog supports more languages now (Turkish,Greek,Chinese,Arabic,Ukranian,Farsi...)
- A few bugs in scheduler fixed
- Arabic epg bug fix
- Snapshot crash bug fixed
- LNB Power Off/On support added (in File menu, works only on TBS and Compro devices for now)
- EPG support option added for Israel cable provider HOT.
- * If you encounter any problem with EPG text charset, you should pick the correct EPG code page instead of "auto"
- * BDA Device options now provides different methods for diseqc (Main Menu->Options->Device Options)
- * For unicable, you should select the LNB type as unicable while adding satellites in diseqc dialog
- * Unicable and LNB Power Off/On is not supported on all devices. It should work fine on TBS cards with new drivers (these new drivers should be released by TBS in next few days)
- * If you are still having problem with diseqc on AverMedia devices, please report. You just need to download latest aver media drivers.
- * Kaspersky Antivirus is not recommended since it could be the culprit responsible for des.dll errors due to some false virus alarms / heuristic scan.
- Fixed many bugs
- Better support for Japanese EPG and channel names
- Now scheduler is able to suspend or hibernate the PC after the record
- Diseqc on AverMedia cards now should work
- Geniatech cards should work better
- Fixed a crash bug which happens after scan
- * Cracked versions will not work stable! We recommend you buying it while the price is still the same and cheap. There will be a price change soon.
- * Please report on the DVB Dream forum if you run into any problem with Geniatech or Avermedia, we can probably fix that. We just need testers.
- * If DVB Dream doesn't display the codecs installed on your system, please manually add them into codecs.ini, you can also let us know on DD forum,
so that we will add them into next setup files.
- * AVer3D Satellite TV, AVerTV Satellite PCI, AVerTV Galaxy should work well now on DD
- * For better performance on HD, make sure you use "Enhanced Video Renderer" in Video Options (Only if your graphic card has the necessary hardware acceleration)
For SD channels, WMR9 is still recommended.
- * SECOSD won't work on DD now, it needs an update from its author
- * If DD interface is not completely in your own language or partially in English, you can translate the non-translated parts of the language INI files (in DD \languages) folder and post on DD forum for us to include in next versions.
- Now DD allows to save unlimited number of channels
- Device dialog now lists the devices of the same interface
- des.dll error fixed
- Some critical crash/bug fixes
- New channel list filter options "Found/Updated Recently"
- Japanese EPG is supported now
- Japanese language added
- Now possible to change dvbdream taskbar icon to identify different DD installations on taskbar. (Settings->Preferences->Other->Application Taskbar Icon)
- Now possible to use/share transponder INI file folders of other apps or DD installations (Settings->Preferences->PATHS)
- new modules by X05: TSWriter2, RecentRecordings, RendererSwap
- CHLTools module has been updated
- New DD Module API Functions added, check the latest header files for more information.
- *New TBS devices are supported
- *StreamRecorder module is now replaced by TSWriter2
- *For UK Freeview HD, Japanese pay TV and some other AAC channels you will need to install
a compatible AAC codec and set it up in DVB Dream video configuration. MainConcept and DivX AAC codecs seem to work nice.
- Problems with des.dll crash fixed
- EVR 16/9 - 4/3 flickering problem fixed
- Some character set problems fixed
- Some fixes in FreeSat EPG
- Module API DDMODAPI_DVB_COMMAND function fixed
- Many critical bug fixes
19.12.2010 Alternative payment options have been added.
- Now you can buy DVB Dream using Bank / Wire Transfer, Check / Money Order, WebMoney, AliPay and Fax-Credit Card as well, in addition to Paypal / Credit Card payments.
- Buy Now
- Skystar HD2 diseqc fix
- USALS fixed (you can enable it in positioner options)
- Bug fixes
- * Please report if you come across any problem with diseqc on SS HD2
- TechnoTrend CI & Diseqc and remote control works without problem (tested with TT3200)
- CI with FireDTV devices works better now
- CAM Menu/MMI functions work fine on DD now with FireDTV and TechnoTrend (Main menu -> Tools -> CI/CAM console)
- Omicom DVB-S2 support added (Raw Diseqc support)
- NA channel scan problem fixed (nameless channels)
- Support for latest TBS devices added
- W7 theme added
NEED TESTERS with CAM: Please write in the forum if you own any TechnoTrend card and a CI / CAM.
- TechnoTrend-3200 / Skystar HD diseqc fix
- Skystar HD2 diseqc fix (needs tests)
- CI support added for Technotrend cards (experimental)
- Non-exclusive record (You can open and watch the file while still recording!)
- Layout main menu/context menu options and keyboard shorcut (press "L")
- SimOSD record bug fixed (you need to enable SimOSD using "modules menu"->"module list")
- * need testers for TechnoTrend CI/CAM functionality, please let us know if you can test.
SECOSD V1.0 by bigboyseco Please have a look at this nice alternative OSD module. More info here
- Bug fixes
- SkyStar 2 and SkyStar USB raw diseqc/motor support on B2C2 SDK interface (needs tests)
- EVR fullscreen switch bug fixed
- Some scheduler bugs fixed
- * Freesat EPG parser is enabled automatically for UK/Ireland
- * This version will set VMR7 as default, You might need to revert to your original choice, if you upgrade on previous versions.
* Only Mainconcept AAC codec seems to work for now.
- Better W7 support
- Better AC3 support
- EVR support added
- AAC support has been added *
- ISDB Support added (tested with streams from Brazil) *
- Added new codec definitions (codecs.ini)
- Fixed the problem with AC3Filter
- TeVii S630 & S660 support added
- DVBWorld DVB-S2 bug fixed
- DVBWorld remote controls are now supported
- PIP bug fixed
- MDAPI plugin packet size is adjustable now
- New DirectShow routines (as a DLL now, ds_mng.dll)
- AC3 codec can be selected separately
- Albanian language added
- Chinese-Traditional language added
- Tikarkiba theme added
- ZerOne theme added
ISDB Brazil Frequency List : 4003.ini
ISDB Japan Frequency List : 4004.ini
Download DvbDream v2.5
- Multi PIP (19+1, watch a few channels at the same time)
- Multi recording (record more than 1 channel at the same time)
- HDTV and H264 support
- LAN Streaming
- VLC or MPC Integration
- Unique channel list system (grouping/ordering by several flexible options)
- Favorite channels
- Quick Favorites
- Child lock
- Embedded aspect ratio modes
- Cropping / Zoom
- Sleep timer
- Record timer
- Render-less mode
- Internal graph building
- Multi monitor support
- Command line support
- Network Scan
- Raw Diseqc commands support
- Plugins support
- Preffered languages
- Uncommitted switches support
- Unicable support
- Positioner support(including GotoX.X / USALS)
- Snapshot feature
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Remote control support
- 29 languages support