HELP--Audio Expert...Tuning HD Audio

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

jimmy
Just popping in

HELP--Audio Expert...Tuning HD Audio

Postby jimmy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:27 am

Video codec - Cyberlink -new
Audio codec - intervideo
Overlay Video renderer (Generic doesn't work)
Audio renderer - used either deault directsound or NVIDIA Nforce Audio
H.264 codec is ATI MPEG Vid Dec

Everthing works great except when I tune to HD channel the screen is blank so I go to channel properties and update channel, hit OK and get the video, then either no sound or it is scratchy. Go back to channel properties and see an audio PID of ISO11172 so I click add and add an audio PID for AC3. Then click OK and most of the time I get the video and audio. If video PID is ISO13818 I usually get the audio if video PID is H.264 I may not get the audio depends on the channel. Regular SD channels are fine. I have to repeat this procedure every time I tune to the HD channel. So I can not tune the ISO11172 audio or the ISO13818 audio on the HD channels only through the line out.

I am also trying to get the audio to output through the motherboards S/PDIF output. I think the 2 problems are related. In my audio settings for the NVIDIA nForce audio software there is no selection or setup to access the S/PDIF port. I do have an audio codec called "WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO" but I think this is only for the Windows Media Player. Is it possible to insert this audio codec in the guid.ini file and use it? So I think the only way to access my s/pdif port on the motherboard is through playing a DVD through WMP.

I do have the AC3Config.exe file for intervideo and checked the S/PDIF, Prologic II, checked "enable LFE "(whatever that is) and PCM Expansion and all that did was eliminate the audio from line output and nothing came out of the S/Pdif. I am thinking I need a separate sound card with a separate S/PDIF and software. I want to hook the digital audio to my home theatre system along with the DVI output from the XFX video card.

Sorry this is so long winded but I have been fooling around with this for days. By the way the combination of video and audio codecs does work well except for this minor problem I have and also you can not use dual core for DVBDream...doesn't work...you have to use only one CPU.

jimmy
Just popping in

info

Postby jimmy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:32 am

I did put my setup in profile but I guess it didn't show up:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4400+
Asus a8n-SLI Deluxe
1GB DDR
XFX Geforce 7900GT Extreme
Win XP Pro

Return to “General”