DVBEPG in the module Folder

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

DocPookias
Just can't stay away

DVBEPG in the module Folder

Postby DocPookias » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:35 pm

DVBEPG does not alllow you to record, is there any way to do this?

Twinhan 1020a & Skystar2
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:12 am

You can use DD's scheduler : Channel Menu -> Scheduler or CTRL+H or 10th icon from the right (just after the cancel record icon)

Using this functionnality, you have to fix channel, start time and duration for your recording.

Nota : DD's scheduler is based on Windows tasks scheduler so be aware to activate it before using this functionnality.
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
DocPookias
Just can't stay away

Postby DocPookias » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:22 am

Yes, thanks I figured that one out. I did notice that when schedule future programs DD does not shut itself off after the recording, why? I've also noticed that DD does not like to record in MPEG it prefers TS files for some reason. The MPEGs are difficult to play back. Not familiar with TS files, how do you convert them to DVD?
Twinhan 1020a & Skystar2
bird44
Just popping in

EPG record from Schedule

Postby bird44 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:58 am

You can use DD's scheduler : Channel Menu -> Scheduler or CTRL+H or 10th icon from the right (just after the cancel record icon)

Using this functionnality, you have to fix channel, start time and duration for your recording.

Nota : DD's scheduler is based on Windows tasks scheduler so be aware to activate it before using this functionnality.
Sorry to ask again, but I need to be sure there is no way to scedhule a show out in time and have DD start recording it from the EPG in the Module. PF-9?

If I request start record in EPG the show records, Stopping may not.

Is it possible to have DD start at the scedule of an event in EPG, I think it must be NO?

Also, when DD is recording the time is always on the screen in upper right corner, anyway to remove this while recording, on the few times I watch and record at the same time?

The EPG built in to DD does not seem to give me a view of all channels or out in time say 12 hours later. Can that be fixed like in EPG(pf-9)?

I am new to DD, so any help would be great!

Many Thanks,
Skywalker/1/Genpix
beagle
love DVB Dream!

Postby beagle » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Well dvbepg is not apart of dvbdream and it also seems that it is no longer supported. Try this:

1.Completely delete dvbepg....all three files in the modules folder and the skins.

2.download this version of dvbepg http://hyperfileshare.com/d/ca4974e6

3.set it up for the look you want then close dvbdream.

4.In the modules folder open dvbepg.ini with wordpad.

5.Look for a part called [Misc] which should be around the bottom. Then change DirectTuning=0 to DirectTuning=1. Save.

See if the recording works.
asus p5b 2.66ghz core 2 duo
4gb ddr2 800mhz
genpix skywalker-1 dpp 1000.2
geforce 7600gt coreavc 1.7pro
vista ultimate x64
bird44
Just popping in

EPG Looking Good in DVBDream

Postby bird44 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:14 am

Well dvbepg is not apart of dvbdream and it also seems that it is no longer supported. Try this:

1.Completely delete dvbepg....all three files in the modules folder and the skins.

2.download this version of dvbepg http://hyperfileshare.com/d/ca4974e6

3.set it up for the look you want then close dvbdream.

4.In the modules folder open dvbepg.ini with wordpad.

5.Look for a part called [Misc] which should be around the bottom. Then change DirectTuning=0 to DirectTuning=1. Save.

See if the recording works.
Thank you for the reply, I did as you stated here. I requested a schedule to record in the EPG from PF9, then I closed DVBDream as I needed to go to work, but before I left I still had the PC on, at 6am, the time I scheduled the EPG for, DVBDream started back up and began to record the show I requested. I did not expect that to happen. I thouhgt DVBDream would of had to be up and running already. So that is cool.

I think it is going to work now. I did note that the request does not show in the scheduler of DVBDream, but I think I expected that too as I am using a different one.

So this leaves me with one issue that I think must be related to the EPG or something to do with auto start up.

I have My Theatre and DVBDream both installed on my PC, 3 times this week I was recording a show on DVBDream or just watching a show on DVBDream, and for no reason that I know of MT starts up, thus I loose the recording as in most cases the channels are different and the card gets bad data, I am worried this will damage the card, but so far it resets fine.

What stars these programs up anyway? Once I had the PC in stand by, came home and MT was running and it was out of standby.

Very strange as I had no requests to schedule anything? Do I have to only have one on the system at a time? Or is there a place to select do not auto start?

Thanks again for the record help on EPG, the first test worked fine.
Skywalker/1/Genpix
beagle
love DVB Dream!

Postby beagle » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 pm

No prob.
I have My Theatre and DVBDream both installed on my PC, 3 times this week I was recording a show on DVBDream or just watching a show on DVBDream, and for no reason that I know of MT starts up, thus I loose the recording as in most cases the channels are different and the card gets bad data, I am worried this will damage the card, but so far it resets fine.
I've never used MT and probably never will unless I had a twinhan card.

Why would you want both?
asus p5b 2.66ghz core 2 duo
4gb ddr2 800mhz
genpix skywalker-1 dpp 1000.2
geforce 7600gt coreavc 1.7pro
vista ultimate x64
bird44
Just popping in

Postby bird44 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 pm

No prob.

Why would you want both?
Well that is a great point, I am removing my PCI Twinhan card to install a video card, That or use 2 dishes. Right now I been using MT to schedule recording, but now it looks like I can stick with DVBDream. Which I like. So if I do remove the card I will uninstall MT.

Thanks again!!
Skywalker/1/Genpix
bird44
Just popping in

Testing of EPG DD

Postby bird44 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:18 am

No prob.

Why would you want both?
Well I tested the EPG scheduling over night, jumping around to different channels etc. All recording started fine, 1 ended, did I overlap a start time? Maybe?

But all in all it worked, 3 of the 6 shows recorded showed no event vs the name of the show, not a real big issue, just not sure why on channel change that the name did not come up when it was listed in the EPG.

Could it be due to the fact Idid not load the internal EPG, just the EPG under module? I can test this too, I renamed after the fact.

Thanks again for all the support here.
Skywalker/1/Genpix
giddy

Postby giddy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:40 pm

I tried the dvbepg in the link above and I cannot get it to populate all of my channels. Most them also don't say the satellite just 1006 etc and if they don't say the satellite it wont switch to the channel. Does anyone know how to fix this? If I put the dvbepg from the front page it shows most of the channels and allows me to select them but this one doesn't. Although I was able for it to view a few channels on 129 and scheduled a recording fine.
twinhan 1020 and genpix-skywalker1 3400+
dvdude
Not too shy to talk

Postby dvdude » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 am

I also have that DN110w/119w- 1006/1008 problem in the guide, here is where it comes from.
If the provider field in dvbdream channel properties is blank it will do this, if you manually fill in the field it still does not work, it seems it must catch them from the sat stream. Try doing a manual scan of the transponder, it may come up with the provider that way, i dunno why it happens but that is my problem too, it may even be a dish aiming thing as i have tweaked my dish some and more provider id's got found on a channel scan. I also fiddled with longer times for scanning channels with no help.. I recently moved and did a fresh scan and ended up with the exact same problem. I wish Momette was still working on this EPG it is so close to perfect i would pay money for it..
dvdude
Not too shy to talk

Postby dvdude » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Well after trying everything i figured out that my dish is pointed fine, it turns out i had recently replaced my power supply and it must not be putting out enough power for my lnb. Replaced my power supply again, and all my providers are there now under channel properties and the DVBEPG guide works fine, just wanted to fill in the answer for me, hope it works for you.
Asus P4P800VM /2.8/512/512-SSD/MicroXP/DPTwin/Twinhan 1020A
Gordon Harvey

Postby Gordon Harvey » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 am

I've had the same problems exactly.

What are you using for a PSU ?????

I've also had recent problems with my PSU. Long story, bought a new Antec and it blew taking my mobo, Ram and Processor with it.

Using my back up psu right now with newly replaced mobo etc. and I'm having these issues. its a cheap 450W one. Going to get a good quality 750W PSU.
~ Hauppauge Nova S
~ asus m2a-vm Mobo
~ AMD 64 x 2 5000
~ XFX 6800 nvidia Dual DVI out to dual 22"
~ winxp
~ 2G ram
dvdude
Not too shy to talk

Postby dvdude » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:05 pm

I dont know if you need that much juice as i had a SFF power supply before, an Seasonic 220 watt SFX in an Small form Factor case. The power supply i upgraded to is an Emacs 300watt 1U which was much longer in size, but i modded the case to fit. I believe it has more to do with the quality of the output voltage, not the amount. Probably like the 12V rail is weak or something like that. I mean 220 watts is plenty for my machine, as it is a diskless (ssd) system with around 110watt draw according to my calculations. I think you will find the same with yours, 450w is enough its just a cheeseball brand with questionable quality. I would not give up on antec, they have served me well.
Asus P4P800VM /2.8/512/512-SSD/MicroXP/DPTwin/Twinhan 1020A

Return to “General”