Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby Dreamer » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:07 am

1. Your CPU usage is high, even at 100%?
DD requires at least 1.5 GHz. If you already have a CPU above this, you must try to change video codec & renderer.

2. You see just black when you open PIP?
Some codec are not designed for more than one video windows at the same time.

3. When you open PIP, DD crashes or CPU usage goes up really high?
Most likely codec related ! Try other video codecs and renderers.

4. Your recordings have glitches or freezing?
Try to use DD in "High" priority (main menu->options->priority)

5. Picture freezes when you switch from one app to other, or when you do other things on your PC?
Try to use DD in "High" priority (main menu->options->priority)

6. What codecs should I use for better DD performance?
Depends on the hardware you have. Sonic and Nvidia will likely be best video-codecs for DD. Intervideo for audio

7. Why 19 PIP folders? Sounds like utopic or totally useless?
No, maybe your CPU won't let you watch 19 PIP windows at the same time but when you use "Record all channels" option on scrambled channels , you will need those folders

8. You can't scan ?
Make sure your curren't diseqc setup is correct and your device is in supported devices list.

9. You are a B2C2 (SkyStar2, AirStar or CableStar) owner and can't make it run on DD?
B2C2 SDK device requires some ax and dll files provided by Technisat (in their official driver packages). When you update your driver using device manager, it won't update these files.
So make sure the following file's versions are 4.3.2.9999 or newer

c:\windows\system32\skydll.dll
c:\Program Files\TechniSat DVB\bin\Sky2PCAVSrc.ax
c:\windows\system32\drivers\skynet.sys

Briefly, when you use SDK device instead of Direct device, it will need Server4PC to be installed on the system.

10. Where to place plugins ? Is it possible to have Teletext on DD?
You should put plugins to dvbdream\plugins\pip00 folder. Then execute copy_all.bat to copy plugins to all other PIP folders. It is possible to use teletext installing MDTeletext plugin.

11. Can I use features like crop, zoom, change contrast/brightness/gamma, noise reduction, sharpen, logoaway... in DVB Dream?
Yes, you can, with FFDShow (freeware) only (for now). You can change contrast/brightness/gamma also in menu > Options > Video > Color Controls (with any codec).

12. Can I make a snapshot in DVB Dream?
Yes, you can, in menu > Channels > Snapshot, or just press Ctrl+J. You can make a snapshot also with FFDShow (freeware), or with any free snapshot program. You have to use Video Mixing Renderer (9) in DVB Dream.

13. FFDShow doesn't work, or it doesn't work good, what can I do?
Use "recommended options" - read this topic for more information, hints...

14. How To Access More Than Four Inputs/Satellites?
DiSEqC x.1 compliance allows Committed values 1-4 and Uncommitted values 0-15 yielding 64 input paths with full lnb(f) control. First setup all final Committed inputs 1 to 4, in the current GUI: OPTIONS—>Diseqc—>V1.0 or V2.0—>Port 1 (thru Port 4) repeating ADD SATELLITE as many times as necessary for each Committed port. Then use the PROPERTIES—>UNCOMMITTED tab to set the Uncommitted 0-15 value. GUI is subject to change in the future. May not function correctly for all cards currently.

Diagrams for Uncommitted/Committed with 16 inputs here and 64 inputs here.

15. Application doesn't exit or start properly, why?
Remove old/incompatible modules and plugins (one by one). If it doesn't help, try to close DD, then backup and delete Settings.cfg file.

16. Are the custom keyboard shortcuts and/or global keyboard shortcuts supported?
Not yet, but you can use HotkeyP (freeware) as workaround. Read HotkeyP Help and guide here for more information.

17. When I change volume or mute in DVB Dream, volume is changed also in other programs, what can I do?
Go to menu > Options > Video > and set Audio Renderer to DirectSound.

18. Some remote functions I've assigned dont work?
Not every remote function is functional at the moment. Some remote functions are planned for future implementations. (on OSD and other features etc)

19. What is the difference between SDK and Direct devices?
SDK devices are designed using manufacturers' official documentations.
If you don't have problems with "Direct" devices, normally it is not recommended to use SDK devices. SDK devices have been added just to guarantee the compatibility. "Direct" devices will work faster since they use the card driver directly.

20. You cant get your Twinhan to run with SDK or Direct device?
You should install WDM driver.
Twinhan WDM Driver v2.42a
Twinhan WDM Driver v1.9
You might also need to install VP SDK to make sure you have necessary DS filters (AX files).

Last edited by Dreamer on Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:52 am

Updated for v1.2, I'm not sure about #9, version should be changed, or maybe completely removed from FAQ??
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:39 am

9 edited (now it is valid only for B2C2 SDK device.)

18 and 19 added
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:46 am

20. You cant get your Twinhan to run with SDK or Direct device?
added
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:57 am

#16 has been edited - custom shortcuts information has been added.
Dreamer
1a2b

Postby 1a2b » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 am

does dvbdream 1.4 support vista 32bit ultimate with skystar2?
I've been using altdvb for 4 years and it isn't work under vista so I have to change my habit. Dvbdream is new for me so I want to learn correctly its features.
ss2-xp pro- e2160- 2gb k*ngston 667- 8800gts- 320gb hdd
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:03 am

does dvbdream 1.4 support vista 32bit ultimate with skystar2?
I've been using altdvb for 4 years and it isn't work under vista so I have to change my habit. Dvbdream is new for me so I want to learn correctly its features.

yes, it does
if you are new , start with v1.3c (latest stable version)

install it as administrator. (if you get directshow errors at first run, then run ddreg.bat as Administrator*)

* right click on the file and click on "Run as Administrator" in the popup menu

Old versions: http://mirror.dvbskystar.com/
Oliver

FAQ 14 - Ecoda switch?

Postby Oliver » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Regarding FAQ 14, will an Ecoda 22KHz tone switch function as an "uncommitted" switch with DvbDream? There is information on the Ecoda at www.al7bar.tk/Forums/showthread.php?t=163757 and also at www.al7bar.tk/Forums/showthread.php?t=201257, but those posts do not specifically mention DvbDream.

I don't have a tuner card yet, as I am still trying to ascertain how to connect a tuner card to satellite antennas already connected to Legacy and DP receivers.
Nowonmai

Adding DVB-T AUS?

Postby Nowonmai » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:38 am

Hello, I might be too tired to think straight right now, but I have gone through all the menus in DVB Dream, and can't find a way to add a new transponder. The program has no problems reading my device, the only issue I have is not being able to scan for digital channels in Australia.
ASUS U3000 Mini BDA Digital Tuner
rel
relocation

Re: Adding DVB-T AUS?

Postby rel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:15 am

Hello, I might be too tired to think straight right now, but I have gone through all the menus in DVB Dream, and can't find a way to add a new transponder. The program has no problems reading my device, the only issue I have is not being able to scan for digital channels in Australia.
main menu->options->transponders
or you can edit the file 4000.ini (for DVB-T) with a text editor
ajawhar

problem with azurowave(twinhan) usb tv box

Postby ajawhar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 am

HELP PLS.
my device is recognized by dd, sat signal is very good,, but when scanning it says (no channel found)

is dd support my device really,, my device is azurowave(dvb-s usb tv box

thx alot
Azurewave(twinhan) dvb-s usb tv box model AD-SB200
VGA CARD:NVIDIA GefORCE 9300M GS
Atom
Just popping in

Postby Atom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 am

What interface is selected in your Options -> Device box? Some cards can work bad through interface and work well through another. Try BDA, and also try something that is not BDA that works with your card.
TechniSat SkyStar S2 PCI over the "B2C2 SDK" interface of DVB Dream, Core 2 Duo E7500, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, Windows 7 x64.
ajawhar

DEVICE TYPE

Postby ajawhar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 am

What interface is selected in your Options -> Device box? Some cards can work bad through interface and work well through another. Try BDA, and also try something that is not BDA that works with your card.
NOTHING WORKS WITH MY DEVICE EXCEPT BDA :(
Azurewave(twinhan) dvb-s usb tv box model AD-SB200
VGA CARD:NVIDIA GefORCE 9300M GS
no1ninja
Just can't stay away

Postby no1ninja » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:24 pm

NOTHING WORKS WITH MY DEVICE EXCEPT BDA :(
Kind of sounds like your LNB settings are off. Make sure you are using the right frequencies.

Even with the wrong frequency you will get a strong signal, but little else.

A good method is to just hook up your sat directly to LNB without a disecq switch in the way. Once you get that going... you can slowly add complexity.
Skywalker-1, Diseqc 4port switch, i7-930, 6GB, Saphire 5750, Windows 8 64bit, Dual Display.
vini

Re: Adding DVB-T AUS?

Postby vini » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 am

main menu->options->transponders
or you can edit the file 4000.ini (for DVB-T) with a text editor
Does dvbdream work with the DVB-T frequencies that are used here in Australia? I was having a look around and it seems that Australia uses 64 QAM which seems not to be supported by dvbdream.

SBS and ABC use the following "8 k, 64 QAM, 2/3 FEC, 1/8 GI for the SBS and 8 k, 64 QAM, 3/4 FEC, 1/16 GI for the ABC, both 7 MHz." I am not sure if this is not supported by the software or if that is me not being able to configure the dvbdream correctly.

Is anything able to shed some light on this?

Thanks
Vini
pinnacle pctv dual dvb-t pro pci

Return to “General”