"Uncommitted" switches - which? - where to buy? -

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Oliver

"Uncommitted" switches - which? - where to buy? -

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:30 pm

I see that in order to connect two DPP44 or DP34 switches to a satellite tuner card with DvbDream, it is necessary to use an "uncommitted" switch in the cascade. It appears that an "uncommitted" switch is physically different from a "committed" switch and that an ordinary 4x1 Diseqc switch won't work as an "uncommitted" switch. I have enquired of several dealers about "uncommitted" switches, but none carries them.

What brands and models should I be looking for, and who in the USA or Canada sells them?

Alternatively, is there a 6x4 Diseqc switch that works with DP LNBF's and DvbDream? The objective is to be able to use one or more tuner cards with satellites that are already connected to some Legacy and DP receivers. With a DP single, dual-output LNBF for each satellite (119, 110 & 61.5 and 91, 82 & the coming 72.7), one output from each LNBF could be connected to a DPP44 and trunked DP34, for the Legacy and DP receivers, while the other output from each LNBF could be connected to a Diseqc 6x4 switch, for the tuner cards, if that would work.

I don't yet have a tuner card, as I haven't yet been able to provide the necessary connections to the satellites. Computer has 3.2 MHz processor and Windows XP Media Center.

Return to “General”