DVBDream / DishNetwork / 8PSK ???

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Asskick

DVBDream / DishNetwork / 8PSK ???

Postby Asskick » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:21 pm

I see there is support for the 8PSK USB2 module of genpix, now my real question, is there a way to get a Dish Network subscription working with DVBDream in order to get the HDTV programing onto the PC??

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am

Completely legit, you mean?
No!
Unlike many european providers, dishn** does not license the use of their Smart Cards in CI.

There is a way around it:
use NewCS (Card Server) and WinCSC (card client).
This combination works in both, TSReader and DVB Dream.
Though, in TSR you have to configure just 1810 CAID, in DVB Dream you have to do both - 1801 and 1810 CAIDs in card client. Without 1801, DVB Dream does not open some channels.

There is a catch though (which makes this approach not-so-legit): you need to know BoxKeys written into the card.
You can read BK from merrit receiver (if it has JTAG port). And you don't need to "crack" the card. Use it as it is (you can view all the channels you subscribed for).

Two things you need to have to do this:
1) valid smart card (many new receivers are cardless, they can't be used). Since it's working in your receiver, it has all recent keys (you don't need to know them; card has to know them).
2) Phoenix reader/writer (buy it for arround $35; or build your own for arround $10)

As I said, BK is the only number you have to know to make this work.
And WinCSC is the only plugin you need to use with DVB Dream.
AMD x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (AGP)
latest BETA nVidia Audio/Video codecs (Cyberlink for H.264)
genpix 8PSK-to-USB2, Twinhan 1020

Return to “General”