MPEG record problem. Please help

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

lmclaggan
Just popping in

MPEG record problem. Please help

Postby lmclaggan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:10 pm

First the system. Asus p4s800d-x, 1gig twinx matched memory, 3.2ghz p4, two 80 gig ata133 hard drives, technisat SS2 rev 2.6

I have tried DvbDream in all renditions since 1.3C, it has been so far the best program I have found as far as it's stability, ability to properly scan etc. The only problem is that no matter what I have tried, all MPEG recordings have a corrupt timeline. That is to say they will show in the properties of virtually all media players at about 10% of their actual length. In most cases they play through fully, but often some will fail and freeze the video at some point when trying to convert to DVD. I have found that those that freeze usually have at least one key frame corrupt. Once isolated, cutting around the corrupt frame allows the file to be successfully re-encoded, but the time wasted is simply ridiculous. It appears that when the encoding program reaches that corrupt keyframe the video portion of the encode simply jumps ahead to the end of file while the audio continues to encode. What you get is a DVD .vob file that runs just so far, and then video stops while audio plays out to full length. I have also tried TS records with little difference in the timeline problems and even the best supporting programs take far longer to re-encode to DVD format than those working with MPEG, and there are really no good TS compatible recoding programs in any case. I can use MyTheatre and virtually every record is very high quality with no flaws. Only problem is I have yet to get MyTheatre to successfully run for any length of time without crashing with frozen video, even when operating in renderless mode. Does anyone have any idea why DvbDream is unable to make a fault free MPEG file?

faam
Home away from home

Postby faam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:43 am

Hi

as far as I know that the recorded .mpg from dvb softwares had mpeg2 file header problem , and as I observed that your problem is less frequently appeared here so

Give this a try
Use MPG2Cut2 program to fix the header and synchronization problem for you

and tell me what you get.

download it from its website with the FAQ
url is http://www.geocities.com/rocketjet4/

Regards
faam
Skystar2,driver4.3.2,Xp sp2,nvidia mx4000 driver v91.93,P4 2.8,512RAM,DD1.4d
Rockin' Rick
Home away from home

Postby Rockin' Rick » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:21 pm

It's actually commonplace.
The satellite stream MPEG2 doesn't always have time synchronizing and time stamps. I (and most everyone looking at the same signals) have had recordings with audio sync problems, field reversals, corrupt AC3 data, and all sorts of issues. If you try dropping a DVB MPEG recording into an editing program it will probably be wrong every time. I've seen hour long recordings come up as 10 seconds.

I run everything through Womble MPEG VCR first. Great little program, cut and paste MPEG files, so you can trim out the ads and ends, save to a new proper file.
A proggy called AC3Fix will take care of the occasional corrupt AC3 stream.

For quick and dirty projects, trim the file in WombleMPEGVCR, patch with DVDPatcher to DVD specs, send into TmpegEnc DVD Author, makes a quicky DVD. It's not true DVD spec but will play on most machines.
Twinahn 1020A, WinXP Pro, Dual Athlon 1800, 3 meter C/Ku dish and toroidal Ku dish.

Return to “General”