New enhanced EPG

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

petrusek
Not too shy to talk

Postby petrusek » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:11 pm

2 bugs found:
1) one of time combos is empty after window loads and when you check on the time filter, you start getting about 2 error messages per second and it is quite difficult to stop another way than kill DD...
2) "Å " character is still not decoded properly as I reported for previous version
Attachments
char.gif
improper decoding of one character
char.gif (21.81 KiB) Viewed 12692 times
err.gif
GUI bug
err.gif (16.28 KiB) Viewed 12692 times

AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828) with BDA driver v 1.5.0.74
Athlon 64 3200+, 1024MB RAM, nvidia Geforce 6600
Windows XP Professional SP2 CZ
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:39 am

@CausticSoda
I still ignore data which has been readed yet. Same as already collected channels. Please watch 'Ev tot. and 'Ch. tot. in the bottom line.
Increasing 'Count' is insignificant - that only shows that data is coming in.

Reading the whole file on startup is neccessary - also than reading of new data is reduced to a minimum only of new ones.

Writing data could be overwork. At the moment i do it in a kind of serial / sequencial writing less addtional data.
To check which channel / event is still written and dont need to be updated i must add several information and change the complete file-structure.
Because of writing more data than now the file would be (a little ?) bigger....

I will think abaout a possible and faster solution.

@petrusek
I'm still using your ISO-code from begin on. A check for this character is still implemented and i dont know why it doesnt work. Do you have any idea ?

Normally i should (and could) not happen that any of the time combos are empty. Either they are filled by programm or filled by definition in INI file.
Do you use any personal definition in the INI ?

EDIT:
... if you do so: Entries are sorted automaytically in start-time after reading the INI. If your entries in the INI are not in sorted order and you have defined a special entrie by DEFAULt, this could cause a wrong default-setting.
E.g. you have 1=12:00, 2=08:00, 3=16:00 and DEFAULT=2 the resulting start-time is 12:00 - not 08:00.
All entries must have valid format ! Orherwise an entry could be '' as marked fault by programm. I try to fix it.
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
petrusek
Not too shy to talk

Postby petrusek » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:12 am

@petrusek
I'm still using your ISO-code from begin on. A check for this character is still implemented and i dont know why it doesnt work. Do you have any idea ?
Strange, I've tested it yesterday on same events with my testing plugin and that one character was ok. Don't you use that character as special character i.e. for storing events to file or during some post processing? Do you work with Widestrings (UTF16) or just Strings? In Windows 1250 (default codepage for czech windows) it is character 0x8A (138).
Normally i should (and could) not happen that any of the time combos are empty. Either they are filled by programm or filled by definition in INI file.
Do you use any personal definition in the INI ?
No, I din't do any modifications to INI. Just maybe there could be ini from previous version - I'll check it. Combo is not quite empty - it has its items filled, but none of them is selected.
AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828) with BDA driver v 1.5.0.74
Athlon 64 3200+, 1024MB RAM, nvidia Geforce 6600
Windows XP Professional SP2 CZ
JustOff
Just popping in

Postby JustOff » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:41 am

Confirm russian (cyrillic) problems with dd_epg ;(

Could You please add an ini-option to disable petrusek ISO/IEC 6937 code, 'cause
this standard don't support non-latin European characters, such as Cyrillic and Greek?
TechnoTrend Nova Budget @ DVB-S
TwinhanDTV CAB-CI 2033 @ DVB-C
Compro VideoMate E800 @ DVB-T
MyTheatre/DVBDream/AltDVB
CausticSoda
Just can't stay away

Postby CausticSoda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:14 pm

ScanMan,

Yes, you would probably have to change the file structure to do what I am talking about. Essentially, you would need to have a small header with 8192 entries (the max number of channels DD supports), then read just that part on startup. The small header would tell you exactly what events are in the main file without you having to look.

A header entry might look something like this:

typedef struct
{
WORD Sid; // channel sid
DWORD EvStartTime; // Start of first event
WORD TotEvDuration; // Total Length of time in minutes for sid
DWORD EventChainStart; // Offset in file of first event
} EPGHEADER;

The events themselves could have a format something like this:

typedef struct
{
BYTE DelFlag; // This flag would be 0xFF if the node is deleted, else 0
WORD Sid; // For recovery if file gets corrupted
char EPGDATA1[1024]; // epg data
char EPGDATA2[1024]; // extended epg data
DWORD NextNode; // Offset in file to next node in chain or NULL

} EVENT;

Note that you would also need a "DWORD Deleted" root pointer to keep track of all the deleted nodes. As events expire, their nodes are marked deleted and added to the deleted chain. You would also have to move the EventChainStart to point to the new start node. When you need to add a new event, just pick a deleted entry from the deleted list or add a new entry to the end of the file.

So basically, you would only have to load in a header that is less than 64K if you used a scheme like this. That header would tell you everything you need to know about what is in the file.

As the program runs, make changes directly to the file, but don't be afraid to toss data if its taking too long. The EPG data will come again from the stream if its missed the first time. Keep the header in memory until you close.

Anyhow, I hope that gives you some ideas.
Twinhan 1027
Dishpro LNB
CausticSoda
Just can't stay away

Postby CausticSoda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Here are a few crash reports. It looks like its crashing when the epg is trying to write the monster file.
Attachments
epgcrash011008.txt
(32.26 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
epgcrash011108.txt
(32.52 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Twinhan 1027
Dishpro LNB
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 pm

2) "Å " character is still not decoded properly as I reported for previous version
It looks like this here...

Edit: My screenshot is from UPC (19E), I tried CS Link (same channel, 23E) and I have the same symbol as Petrusek. Perhaps they (from UPC) know about the issue and therefore they use just a simple "S"??

BTW The other char. (after the "S") is not good either, I think, there is some strange "t", it should be "ť".
Attachments
ddepgcharissue.png
ddepgcharissue.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 12576 times
Dreamer
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

New version 1.08

Postby ScanMan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:51 am

Some fixes, changes and new feature:

- Fix: Start-time and duration is now correct tranferred to scheduler (silly little bug...)
- Fix: Missed Chzech charachter should be ok now
- Fix: Dragging the eventlist with mouse with follow now.
- Fix: Time-window combos should no more be emtpy
- Change: Checker for time-filter IS NOT released by ch-change now - reset it manually
- New: You can set 'ISO6973=1' in the INI to 0 (zero) if you do not want translation.
(start and close DD once and the entry will be written with =1)
- New: Remote capability !

For using a remote the follwoing commands are supported:

- RMT-POWER: Closes EPG
- RMT-UP/-DOWN: Scrolling in the selected list (if any list is selected)
- RMT-LEFT/-RIGHT: 'Walking' through the elements like TAB on keyboard.
- RMT-OK: Set/Unset checkboxes / select ch for viewing in DD when ch-list is active
- RMT-RECORD: Add selected event to scheduler
- RMT-RECALL: Recall last selected programm (not working fine yet - will be fixed !)
- RMT-EPG: Starts EPG from DD and closes EPG if active (like RMT-POWER)
- RMT-TAB: same as RMT-Right
- RMT-RED: Selects the favorite list
- RMT_GREEN: Selects the channel list
- RMT-YELLOW: Selects the event list
- RMT-BLUE: Selects the description list

I tested that with WinLIRC - TwinHan-Remotes (HID) might cause problems ! Will be fixed later.

Next on ToDo-List is something like typing SMS on cell-phone for entering search-text with the remote.

@CausticSoda
You should upgrade your system to 1 GB RAM. Might help...
Attachments
DD_EPG_008.zip
(277.24 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
JustOff
Just popping in

Re: New version 1.08

Postby JustOff » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:51 am

Some fixes, changes and new feature:
- New: You can set 'ISO6973=1' in the INI to 0 (zero) if you do not want translation.
Thank You for my request being accepted, but looks like that ISO6973=0 ignored from ini-file:
1) russian letters still look wrong (i've deleted dd_epg.data before upgrade)
2) ISO6973 always reset to =1, each time dvbdream closed
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 am

russian letters still look wrong
??? ... cant get a clue to this. Please be patient.
ISO6973 always reset to =1, each time dvbdream closed
Just fixed for next version.
JustOff
Just popping in

Postby JustOff » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:04 am

russian letters still look wrong
??? ... cant get a clue to this. Please be patient.
Yes, of course. Thank You for care!

Don't know how can I help more, here are snapshots from internal (Ok) and dd_epd008:

Image Image
GrEaTwArRiOr
Just can't stay away

Postby GrEaTwArRiOr » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 am

@ScanMan
New: You can set 'ISO6973=1' in the INI to 0 (zero) if you do not want translation.
i have no clue mate can you explain little bit please
language? what language? ????
any information about this??
is this only for European language or for all languages

thanks an advance
Gr
Twinhan 1020A WDM Driver
Nilesat 101/102 & Atlantic Bird 4 at 7.0°W
Pentium4 3.2Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI 256MB Graphic Card, 120GB Sata HD
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:26 am

'Language' is the one you selected in DVBDream.
>> On new installation or by Menu: OPTIONS / LANGUAGES
If you have no special selection, DD wil run with ENGLISH text.
If you select any other, DD uses an according language-file in directory \LANGUAGES.
This EPG uses the same translation (origin in english). You have to add the commented entries as told above/before.
If entries in the Event- or Description-List are shown correct, there might be a problem by ISO6873-translation which can be disable now.

'Translation' for Text of Event-Name of Programm-Name or Event-Description is done only for special language-characters. NOT FOR ALL characters !
This depends on a special dependend and international normed table which i use. You can deselect this by setting 'ISO6873=0' in the INI-File.
Dreamer

Re: New version 1.08

Postby Dreamer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:35 pm

- Fix: Missed Chzech charachter should be ok now
Thanks ScanMan, but still not fixed, tested channel:

23.5°E 12525,V,27500 CT 1 (CS Link)

Edit: Sorry, it's OK, fixed, thanks.
Last edited by Dreamer on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer
CausticSoda
Just can't stay away

Postby CausticSoda » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:44 pm

I deleted the old files and started again with the new epg. When not on WGN, it only populates two events. I have to go to WGN 239 to get the full 9 days. This part works. I am no longer getting blank entries.

However, the channel list still constantly flips when there is a new event added. At first, it flips about once a second. After letting it run for about an hour, the flipping gradually slowed to about once a minute. This constant channel list flipping is what is running the cpu up to 100%.

All these gui calls are apparently crashing directdraw. It stops playing in the background. When the epg gui is closed, it never starts back unless I click the "restart directdraw" menu selection.

I have 512Mb of RAM on that machine. That should be plenty enough to store a 32 MB EPG table. There is nothing else running except DVBDream.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was able to shut down the program without crashing this time. This is the first time this has happened.
Twinhan 1027
Dishpro LNB

Return to “General”