HELP with DVB Dream - Skywakler 1 - HD2600 pro

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

djrh
Not too shy to talk

HELP with DVB Dream - Skywakler 1 - HD2600 pro

Postby djrh » Sat May 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Has anyone been successful with HD2600 and DVB Dream? I run into various issues, I think related to the fact that DVB Dream does not use the card's GPU. Instead, it uses the CPU for mpeg decoding. My problems are:

1) Choppy mpeg2 video when I use Cyberlink DTV or ARCSoft as mpeg2 codec. Basically, it will freeze for a fraction every few seconds. CPU stays at less than 20%. If I use elecard 3.x mpeg2, the video goes smoothly but does not look good - it's like vertical pixelation.

2) can't get the h.264 to work. Tried ATI, ArcSoft, Cyberlink and CoreAVC, but none of them worked (the run on CPU, so I get 100% use)

Has anyone been successful in getting those to work?

in a desperate need for help
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Skywalker1,
HD2600 PRO,
XP
Dish500
djrh
Not too shy to talk

Postby djrh » Sat May 10, 2008 10:18 pm

forgot to add that when I watch mpeg2 hi-def (like ESPN), the picture is cropped and there are some artifacts starting from the left and the bottom and span to the right depending on motion intensity.
Skywalker1,
HD2600 PRO,
XP
Dish500
djrh
Not too shy to talk

Postby djrh » Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 am

ok, got mpeg2 sorted out.

Installed Vista and Purevideo, so MPEG2 playback is great now. When I watch ESPNHD, the GPU goes to 15-16% so DXVA kicks in.

Still having h.264 problems though. I think it's a bug in DVBdream.

Tried using coreavc on both my Vista dekstop (HD2600 PRO) and Vista laptop (512mb 8600GT) and it crashes on both. The only h.264 codec so far I was able to use without Vista crashing is PowerDVD 8 codec (I had to manually edit Guids.ini with codecs list to make it appear in DVBDream). However, it uses the CPU only (no GPU use shown).

As I read here http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15, others have the same problem with powerdvd 8. However, according to numerous threads on different forums, the codec does support dxva.

Any chance of getting it fixed soon?
Skywalker1,
HD2600 PRO,
XP
Dish500

Return to “General”