Jitter Issue

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

chattana
Just can't stay away

Jitter Issue

Postby chattana » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi Rel,

DVBDream works perefectly for me, except one channel always giving the jitter issue. I have tried different codecs, but the issue is not going away. The jitter number is around 30. No dropped frame at all, just jitter. Because of that the video is not smooth. Only one channel has this issue, other channels are fine. Please tell me what info to provide you in order to trouble shoot the issue? I could stream record the video and send it to you.

Thanks
Chattana

Twinhand 1027
XP
AMD X2 5600
Geforce 8600
chattana
Just can't stay away

Postby chattana » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:24 pm

I upraded the Computer to Quadcore and 4 GB RAM, but the issue with Jitter is still there. That means the issue is not hardware configuration but definitely the software.

I have tried combinations of codec and amazingly found that the PowerDVD H264 video codec seems not having this issue at all. Cyberlink Video codec has audio synch problem on DD. I then use MT 4.0 beta3, which gives me no problem at all.

Another work around on DD is that I switch to Video Render 9. The Jitter number is lower: from 30 to 10, but this introduce the frame droping. Regardless of frame droping, the video look better and smoother.
Twinhand 1027
XP
AMD X2 5600
Geforce 8600
chattana
Just can't stay away

Postby chattana » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:26 pm

I upraded the Computer to Quadcore and 4 GB RAM, but the issue with Jitter is still there. That means the issue is not hardware configuration but definitely the software.

I have tried combinations of codec and amazingly found that the PowerDVD H264 video codec seems not having this issue at all. Cyberlink Video codec has audio synch problem on DD. I then use MT 4.0 beta3, which gives me no problem at all.

Another work around on DD is that I switch to Video Render 9. The Jitter number is lower: from 30 to 10, but this introduce the frame droping. Regardless of frame droping, the video look better and smoother.
Twinhand 1027
XP
AMD X2 5600
Geforce 8600

Return to “General”