description of grounding for skywalker 1

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

lexx21
Just popping in

description of grounding for skywalker 1

Postby lexx21 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am

I wanted to check to see if my grounding was adequate for my skywalker-1.

I am running a dish500 with two dual output lnbs to a diseq switch. From there I run back to a grounding block which is tied to the house ground (the ground stake by the power meter). From there I am coming inside the house and to the skywalker.

Is this sufficient grounding?

Skywalker-1
ATI x800 component out to RPTV
FFDShow upscaling all to 1080i
9850 quad core cpu
XFX mobo
Auzentech sound card
Dish 500 into 4x1 diseq
XP SP3
jerryt
love DVB Dream!

Postby jerryt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Twinhan 1020a driver 2.4.1.1, Skystar2 2.3 driver 4.4.0, Genpix USB, T90 and SG2100 w QPH-031.
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:31 pm

lexx21, I think you are confused.
These grounding requirements are not for SkyWalker-1.
They are for any antenna. These are NEC (National Electrical Code) rules.
And it does not matter what tuner/receiver do you use (SkyWalker-1 or something else).

Also, read entire Grounding section in DIY area (please also note, the author of this site does not mention SkyWalker even once; thus, consider them as a general rules):
h++p://www.dbsinstall.com/diy/diy.asp

Once in a while I receive angry e-mails from customers saying that I should have a sticker with big red letters on SkyWalker "you have to ground your dish".
One of them went a mile ahead of others:
he requested that I have to send him FREE coax-cable grounding blocks and 200 ft. ground wire (this person has 5 (!) dishes and neither of them is grounded; and he wants his SkyWalker-1 to be replaced cause his diseqc switch does not switch properly). But before that, he even tried to get his money back from PayPal (charge back) claiming that SkyWalker-1 is not properly described on my web-site (that I don't have warning that grounding of the dish is required). Well, PayPal shoved him off so far ..
lexx21
Just popping in

Postby lexx21 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Just having gotten the skywalker I didn't want to end up doing something that would cause it to fry before I had even gotten a chance to play with it.

I will give the links a read and follow the directions.

One request though, the cd that I received with the skywalker had a bad spot and I couldn't read the rtf file that was included (things that will kill your skywalker). Could someone pm the rtf file to me?

Thanks in advance
Skywalker-1
ATI x800 component out to RPTV
FFDShow upscaling all to 1080i
9850 quad core cpu
XFX mobo
Auzentech sound card
Dish 500 into 4x1 diseq
XP SP3
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:53 pm

I have file attached.
If for some reasons it does not work get through
send me an e-mail (e-mail address is on web-site), I'll reply with document attached.
Attachments
how to kill your Genpix device.zip
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

Return to “General”