ASPECT RATIO problem in all versions of DVBDREAM!!

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

enfejarehess
Just popping in

Postby enfejarehess » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:21 pm

I used all versions and there is a problem with aspect ratio of the screen while I am using a full HD TV which uses the external resolution of 1920 * 1080. The original external resolution is 16/9 and there is no problem with 16/9 screens but I only want the 4/3 screens to be cropped by dvbdream to show as 16/9 but the cropping does not work with this type of resolution and there is no video codec to intelligently crop just 4/3 resolutions but not the 16/9 , please fix it in next versions.

rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 pm

1) right click on the video
2) aspect ratio
3) embedded 16:9 or stretched embedded 16:9

sorry no way to automatically do
I'll try to have a look at this problem later after release of v1.5
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
enfejarehess
Just popping in

Postby enfejarehess » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

but I only want the 4:3 resolution to be cropped (not to be squeezed to 16:9) with no aspect ratio change in 16:9 display .Please fix this problem in new version 1.5 before release, also make an availability for fullscreen display in startup like progdvb , I use my pc as a reciever and everytime It starts up I should switch manually to fullscreen , Thanks alot.
Dreamer

Re: ASPECT RATIO problem in all versions of DVBDREAM!!

Postby Dreamer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:06 pm

but I only want the 4:3 resolution to be cropped (not to be squeezed to 16:9) with no aspect ratio change in 16:9 display .
It works exactly this way using the option Rel has described above. :? Are you using DVI output, or HDMI? Perhaps this is a problem...
also make an availability for fullscreen display in startup like progdvb , I use my pc as a reciever and everytime It starts up I should switch manually to fullscreen , Thanks alot.
This is possible already, it's in the Help:

Command line switches
dreamstart.exe /fullscreen
Dreamer

Return to “General”