Need no time limit for version 1.1

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

curro1
Not too shy to talk

Need no time limit for version 1.1

Postby curro1 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:46 pm

I need no time limit for version 1.1: how to patch this problem?

Version 1.2 doesn't works fine with my hardware, and i had no problems with v1.1 or 1.0.

- I have problems with my remote control
- Problems with channel switching
- Don't want to reconfigure my software with every new DD version (remote, drivers, etc).

Card: SS2 with v4.4.0 driver.
Remote: old pinnacle pctv with .ini edit for dvbdream.

Please, tell me how to remove time limit.

Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:50 pm

I'm not sure if it's possible.

Try SDK device, it should work the same as v1.1
Dreamer
curro1
Not too shy to talk

Postby curro1 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:12 pm

How to configure "SDK device"?? i don't find it.

I want the patch for some reasons:

- I have to change the .ini of my remote control software to copy the program tittle in the .ini (example: "dvb dream v1.2a - b2c2 direct - on driver v4.4.0 (dvb-s)".

- Don't want to reconfigure every DD version, when the last version (1.1) of DD worked fine. (Don't need to upgrade).
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:42 pm

How to configure "SDK device"?? i don't find it.
Menu Options > Device > choose SDK, press Start button, OK, close DD, start DD.
I want the patch for some reasons:

- I have to change the .ini of my remote control software to copy the program tittle in the .ini (example: "dvb dream v1.2a - b2c2 direct - on driver v4.4.0 (dvb-s)".

- Don't want to reconfigure every DD version, when the last version (1.1) of DD worked fine. (Don't need to upgrade).
Why? Remote controls should work without it, what RC do you have? Do you use some special programs? DD has internal RC support now, it doesn't work?
- Problems with channel switching
Yes, this is annoying, known bug, reply here please:

http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
Dreamer
curro1
Not too shy to talk

Postby curro1 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:01 pm

A question: How to change keyboard key allocation in DD?? (Ex: change volume assigned keys).

No, SDK mode don't solve my remote control problem. Remote was OK in 1.1 and previous versions, this is the reason because i want to use the old version of DD.

The remote sensor is via serial port, and uses a software: Pinnacle PCTV remote software.

Winlirc is not fully compatible with this remote (i tried it some time ago).
My card has no native remote.
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:25 pm

I have a Pinnacle remote too, analog Pinnacle PCTV card and t works with WinLIRC.

I think you need to disable Pinnacle PCTV remote software, then restart PC and it should work then. You could try to find confog file for your remote on WinLIRC homepage.

Then you could use WinLIRC and HotkeyP to control almost anything wit your RC, more here.
A question: How to change keyboard key allocation in DD?? (Ex: change volume assigned keys).
Check the FAQ.

Or this topic:

http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101

It doesn't work perfect yet, with HotkeyP, but it might soon...
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 am

v1.2x has no time limit but if you still need to use the old version
I need no time limit for version 1.1: how to patch this problem?
only way : take system time to back and keep it so.
Version 1.2 doesn't works fine with my hardware, and i had no problems with v1.1 or 1.0.
if your hardware is SkyStar2, then it should work just fine with latest version v1.2c.
Don't want to reconfigure every DD version, when the last version (1.1) of DD worked fine. (Don't need to upgrade).
you might backup and restore to make it easy.
In fact, DD keeps user settings between updates (settings and channel list) but there was a change on setting file format between v1.1 and v1.2
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:58 am

I'm not sure what problem do you have with the settings, please let us know.

Don't use old versions (of any software), report bugs/problems instead, there are so many nice new features, improvements. If the software would "dead" I'd understand, but not in this case, if we are here, ready to help you. ;)
Dreamer
curro1
Not too shy to talk

Postby curro1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:23 am

Thanks for the help, i'll try winlirc.

One last question: How to reconfigure the keyboard assigned keys?? (Ex: select left/right cursor to change volume, instead of "+" and "-") (for the pinnacle remote software, if winlirc fails). I think this is the problem that i have with the remote: someone changed the keyboard shortcut keys in the new version.
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm just testing a new (non-public) version of HotkeyP, it is possible with this great program, it works great. You'll be able to change any DD shortcut and add new mouse shortcuts...
Dreamer

Return to “General”