Forum Rules

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rel
relocation

Forum Rules

Postby rel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:40 am

DVB DREAM FORUM RULES

- English Only!

- Do not duplicate feature requests or bugs. Search in the forum before posting!

- Add more details to bug reports as long as possible !

- No posts related to illegal ways of watching TV ! (i.e. No question related to Emun**, Yank**, s2e**, vplu*... etc !)

- Create one thread per bug/feature request, instead of collecting them in a post!

- Do not ask when a new feature will be implemented or a new version will be released or when a bug will be fixed

- If you dont have anything new to add, do not posts under the same bug threads again and again! (i.e. messages like "bug is still not fixed" arent allowed! unless it is said the bug is fixed!) One exception to this rule, if bug has been reported by someone else , you can confirm it.

- Moderators can move or delete posts at any time

- Please specify your DVB device model in your signature. (and also its revision/driver version, Diseqc SW,LNBs, OS you use.) This is very important when you report bugs! To change your signature, use the "Profile" link above on the top of this page.

- You do not have right to ask why you havent had a reply! Just know that the programmer is a quite busy person and he has right to decide what posts he will try to reply in his limited time !

- Use a meaningful subject for your posts. In other words, the title of your forum post must be connected with (related to) the content of it. It should exactly and shortly define the message written in the post.

- Before posting a bug report, make sure your device is in the supported devices list: http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php
otherwise you must add a feature request rather than a bug report. i.e. You shouldn't report things like "Diseqc is not working" unless it is specified in the supported devices list. You must check the list of supported devices first before trying to post any issue related to your Switch / Motor or CI or the device itself.

- Do not ask direct questions to the DD or module developers unless it is really necessarry.. i.e. "hi Rel" " "hey Rel" "@Rel" not allowed. You must expect answers from anyone in the forum. Developers might not have time to reply all the posts.

- When you pay for DVB Dream, you only buy the program. Support or help is not included. (Developers have no time for that, unfortunately!) So you need to make sure DD works well and you can use it without problem before you buy. However you can always post your problems on DD community forum to get help of other users. Just don't expect your problems will always be solved or your feature request will always be implemented...

- You can not make comments on DD price, and you can not compare DD to other programs, on this forum.

- If you don't get an answer to your problem/bug report/any forum post, you have no right to complain.

Last edited by rel on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 am

New rules have been added:
- Do not ask when a new feature will be implemented or a new version will be released.

- If you dont have anything new to add, do not posts under the same bug threads again and again! (i.e. messages like "bug is still not fixed" arent allowed!) One exception to this rule, if bug has been reported by someone else , you can confirm it.

- Moderators can move or delete posts at any time

- Please specify your DVB device model in your signature. (and also its revision/driver version, Diseqc SW,LNBs, OS you use.) This is very important when you report bugs! To change your signature, use the "Profile" link above on the top of this page.

- You do not have right to ask why you havent had a reply! Just know that programmer is a quite busy person and he has right to decide what posts he will try to reply in his limited time !
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:12 pm

I still see some breachs of the following rule !!

If you dont have anything new to add, do not posts under the same bug threads again and again! (i.e. messages like "bug is still not fixed" arent allowed! unless it is said the bug is fixed!) One exception to this rule, if bug has been reported by someone else , you can confirm it.

Especially when you tried to take my attention this way, sorry but
I really dont like it!
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:14 am

New rules added:

- Use a meaningful subject for your posts. In other words, the title of your forum post must be connected with (related to) the content of it. It should exactly and shortly define the message written in the post.

- Before posting a bug report, make sure your device is in the supported devices list: http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php
otherwise you must add a feature request rather than a bug report. i.e. You shouldn't report things like "Diseqc is not working" unless it is specified in the supported devices list. You must check the list of supported devices first before trying to post any issue related to your Switch / Motor or CI or the device itself..
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:51 am

New rule added :
Do not ask direct questions to the DD or module developers unless it is really necessarry.. i.e. "hi Rel" " "hey Rel" "@Rel" not allowed. You must expect answers from anyone in the forum. Developers might not have time to reply all the posts.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 am

New rules added,
- When you pay for DVB Dream, you only buy the program. Support or help is not included. (Developers have no time for that, unfortunately!) So you need to make sure DD works well and you can use it without problem before you buy. However you can always post your problems on DD community forum to get help of other users. Just don't expect your problems will always be solved or your feature request will always be implemented...

- You can not make comments on DD price, and you can not compare DD to other programs, on this forum.

- If you don't get an answer to your problem/bug report/any forum post, you have no right to complain.
In the last rule , I had to repeat one of the previous rules, in other words.

Return to “General”