Maximum satellite limit?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

AndyG

Maximum satellite limit?

Postby AndyG » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:02 am

I'm using V1.5e OEM that was shipped with my TBS6925 and I'm really liking DVB Dream, so much better than the other app I tried and stable too! So far I only have one problem but I've not put it in the bug subforum as I'm not sure it is. :D

I have two motorised dishes via a diseqc switch, one is Ku covering 68.5E to 61W, the other is C band covering 30E-58W. Within the diseqc setting menu I've selected 'V1 or V2' then on Port1 added all the Ku satellites I can receive and on Port2 I have started to add my C band satellites having previously created new ini files for the C band satellites.

The problem is as soon as I try to add more than 64 satellites DVB Dream throws up an access violation error. A cursory search suggests that 64 is a diseqc limitation so I'm wondering if I should be setting up my system differently as I actually just need to control the switch and send diseqc motor commands to one port (C band is on a standalone Vbox) . The only reason I set up DVB Dream this way was because I couldn't access the transponder file to scan it without first adding it within the diseqc menu.

If there is no way round this then that's the way it is, if however there was a fix for this in later commercial versions I'll gladly purchase DVB Dream as it's an impressive programme!

Return to “General”