Trojan Problem with DVbDream

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

adamf154
Just can't stay away

Trojan Problem with DVbDream

Postby adamf154 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:55 am

Hi i have just clicked on my dvbdream (17a) and it came up it wouldn't start because there is a trojan horse (generic27.VUH) in the recmng.dll file and when i try to heal it puts it into the virus vault and the program wont start without out it then says it wont start because file isn't there so i uninstalled and reinstalled but same thing keeps happening i tried version 17 but its in there aswell i tried version 16 and that has same file but works fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or can i take the recmng.dll from version 16 and use in 17a

Any help is appreciated

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: Trojan Problem with DVbDream

Postby genpix » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:57 pm

first off all, no need for double posting.

Upload your suspected file to virustotal.com and see what's the report.
It's most probably your anti-virus just gave a false-positive detection (cause recmng.dll is probably a protected/compressed file, and your anti-virus has no idea what's inside, thus it uses the "easiest" way - call it a virus).

PS: and it's understandable. Most viruses are compressed/protected files.
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Ok i done that, says it cant detect anything as far as i can tell, but what i dont understand is why it worked this morning, but when i try to use it later, suddenly it has a virus, but i can watch version 1.6 without any problems
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

.. but what i dont understand is why it worked this morning, but when i try to use it later, suddenly it has a virus
seriously?!
are you really going to ask this question?
just look at you antivirus log and see when it updated its database last time.
I bet that it did this in between "it worked this morning" and " when i try to use it later".

And you should not to ask this question here. You should ask a tech support group of your antivirus program (you paid for it, right? now you are entitled to ask 'em "what's going on with your da** program?").
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:46 pm

And who the hell are you to tell me if i should ask this forum or not, yes i paid for the program and i expect it to work and be able to upgrade when a new version comes out and get help if anyone can, its there file that has the virus or there must be something different about it than version 1.6 because that works fine
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:28 am

And who the hell are you to tell me if i should ask this forum or not,
I'm the one with a brain.
yes i paid for the program and i expect it to work
And what did they say about that false-positive detection behavior? (I assume you are talking about antivirus program you paid for)
its there file that has the virus
says who?
your antivirus program is the only program which says so, 40 other different antivirus programs don't think so (didn't you admit this in the previous post?).

PS: good luck with looking for a help. I'm afraid you'll hardly get any with such attitude.
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:51 am

There's nothing wrong with my attitude its twats like you that stop people posting, whos the one with the brain oh yeah the big headed twat (THAT WOULD BE YOU) that thinks he's better than everyone else.
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 am

Hi
Im not sure wich AV program You use but NortonAntivirus an Kaspersky tend are identyfying programs as viruses often when in reality there is no virus inside.
Recently i saw Norton reporting a vitus in plain text file (4 lines long) the only problem was this file had extension .dat
So in most cases oversensitive AV programs are responsible, but just in case You can scan your entire system with some off system antivirus for example Avira or BitDefender or ... there are several other AV Rescu CD's out there that can check if Your system is infected by some sort of stealth virus undetectable from Your runing system

There is no way some dll can infect itself out of the blue.
SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:59 am

Thanks for the reply, my system is ok, its just that particular file from version 1.7, dont know how to fix it though, it just wont open at all, even if i click to ignore it, it still comes up with the trojan when i try and open it next time, i was hoping someone from the development team would maybe have an answer or some kind of patch their must be something different in the file than version 1.6 cause that works fine
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 am

Most AV programs have an option to exclude particular runing process and/or on disk file from AV checks. Excluding this file from scans should temporaily fix the problem.
BTW You should use a feature of Your AV or some functionality on the AV manufacturers site to submit this file for check as false positive (most responsible AV companies offer such functionality)
You can also contact their support (most probably via WWW formular or email asking them to verify this file and correct their AV software behavior)

Here im using Avira and ESET both of them reporting this particullar DLL as safe
SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 am

Ive posted on their website so ill see what happens with that, im looking at trying to exclude the file from scanning and ill see how that goes.

Update - Ive managed to exclude the file from scans and its working now, so we will see how it goes from there

Return to “General”