Random Pixelation fixed by a restart

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rsoares28
Just popping in

Random Pixelation fixed by a restart

Postby rsoares28 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 am

Hello here is my setup, DVBDream 2.2b DVBlink for DVbDream 2.2, win 7 WMC, genpix tuner w/ BDA driver 0.2.0.2, Acamd

Ive had this running since about May pretty stable. i'm tuning North American sats 110/119/129.

Recently while watching tv the picture has started to pixelate bad.. like if my sat signal quality is low/bad weather.... to rule that out, ive gone to another tv thats running an FTA box connected to the same satellite and its running fine.. no pixelation.

The pixelation will happen on ever channel and the only way to fix it is to restart the pc. Then all will be fine for a couple days.

My computer is always on with dvbdream in renderless mode. When i power off my setup my Harmony remote sends an alt-f4 command to close the current window (WMC) taking me back to my desktop. When i power on, the remote sends the command for WMC live tv.

Now ive never got an error msg from dvbdream when the pixelation occurs. Is there any log i can paste here so someone can see what is causing this random pixelation?

Thanks

rel
relocation

Re: Random Pixelation fixed by a restart

Postby rel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 am

need to watch signal levels and cpu/memory usage. the PC maybe somehow chokes. Check also if tuner gets too hot.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rsoares28
Just popping in

Postby rsoares28 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for the response Rel. i havent checked the tuner for heat but during one of these spells i checked the cpu usage and its fine, howevering around 10%.

I have the tuner powered by a molex connector running off my power supply. I have a pico 120watt wide psu with a 19v brick. my computer is a mini itx build. cpu/cpu cooler/mobo/sdd/genpix.. the 120 is more than enough for all of that.

I'm think my problem is the 64bit ver. of win 7 i'm running. im reading dvbdream runs alot smoother with a 32bit copy of win 7.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

I'm think my problem is the 64bit ver. of win 7 i'm running. im reading dvbdream runs alot smoother with a 32bit copy of win 7.
might be codecs or driver related.

I'm doing DD related work on Win7 64 bit all the time.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Well if DD is runing long enough (several days or sometimes weeks) i get this problem too.
Occures on DD 2.2b and earlier versions 1.7b for example
Just restarting the mashine fixes it
CPU usage 5-10%
Memory usage 10-20%
No swapfile used
Not recording Disk - utilisation marginal
Timeshift disabled
Streaming disabled
Using TBS 6981 dual tuner atm
Im runing it on Win 7x64 prof
If i launch second instance when the longruning has many artifacts in video and audio (as if signal was bad), the newly started instance has no problems at the same time even with same channels tuned in
Tested on HD with 85-100% signal quality and 83-97% signal strenght
Could reproduce it on SD (very rare tho)
Using builtin W7 codecs for video and audio
SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q

Return to “General”