Upgrade to win 8

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Mezzer
Just popping in

Upgrade to win 8

Postby Mezzer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade to windows 8.
The first couple of times i tried it, it failed and reverted back to xp.
I went looking for solutions and read that folks had the same problem had managed to install after stripping down their machines and doing a fresh install of xp and upgrading that.

This is what I did and it worked fine...until I tried to install DVBdream.

I got an error message saying 'unauthorised user' and another telling me my licence had now been revoked.

Dvbdream didn't work on windows 8 after that.

I also got an email telling me my licence had been revoked becuase i tried to install it on multiple machines, which I didn't. I mailed the address given in that mail but I've had no reply.

After carrying on with the windows 8 install, I went back to my XP install to wind up for the night and watch a bit of tele and guess what...the same message...the same result. Now I have no tv at all.

I'm not at all happy about this. This is the ONLY program I have had any trouble with in windows 8 and it should never have happened. If you can't tell one machine from another, don't try...and whatever you do, don't go revoking licences on the strength of something that isn't accurate.

...what were you thinking?????

...and when do I get my tele back :(

rel
relocation

Re: Upgrade to win 8

Postby rel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm

ahh sorry, your emails somehow got their way into spam folder. I just fixed your account. Please use ddfix tool from the registered users area to clean the registration records or you might need to reinstall DVB Dream into another folder
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
satmandanuk

Re: Upgrade to win 8

Postby satmandanuk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi , I have had the same issue tonight and had my licence revoked this really is not on mate .I cant watch TV this evening now :-( I think it must be a windows 8 issues in your detection system please can you sort this issue out I have emailed you .

Thanks
Dan
SkyStar HD2,DM800 HD

Return to “General”