DirectShow Error#

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mclayton

DirectShow Error#

Postby mclayton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi,
I'm new to DVB Dream and I'm currently attempting to install the trial software and have encountered a number of errors, which has stopped progress.

I'm running an OS of Win 7 (64 bit), with two cards TBS PCI-E DVB-T2 6280 & TBS PCI-E DVB-S2 6981.

I am getting the following error on start-up "DirectShow Error# can not create audio renderer". I read all the cautions displayed on the page about using nVidia or Sonic codecs for video and Intervideo for audio, which may need to be manually inserted into "codecs.ini".

I have no idea what it's going on about! Starting from the basics, where can I find these suggested codecs and when I've got them, where do I put them?

Whilst it's fairly obvious that this is the initial problem which is stopping the job, I have a number of other issues which I could do with help over:-

I wasn't getting any video but at the moment I can't test if I've fixed that (info came from here) due to the above problem.

How do I tell the software that there is a second card and get it to scan that card too?

And on the satellite card, how can I tell it that there's only one of the two LNBs in use?

rel
relocation

Re: DirectShow Error#

Postby rel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 am

I'm moving your post to "General" forum, since it is not a bug

You should install DVB Dream twice , each into different folders, if you have two different DVB cards/ tuners. Then configure each seperately. Make sure you rename shorcuts after each install so that it wont overwrite the desktop shortcut.

LNBs are defined in diseqc dialog in options.

Install more codecs to DVB Dream (search "dvbdream codecs" on google ), also change audio codec and renderer if you keep getting problem there
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”