DvbDream keeps sticking

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

adamf154
Just can't stay away

DvbDream keeps sticking

Postby adamf154 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 pm

My dvb dream keeps sticking when it starts to record programs when it is already on, usually when a program starts to record it jumps to show the screen then it crashes as if it has crashed with another program and they are mixed together, and another one is where its just sitting on the taskbar and when u try to open it doesn't and it also does the same when the icon is on the taskbar, so I have to go into task manger and end process but there is always another dvb dream beside it, it is getting very annoying because when it crashes nothing records and ive lost a lot of potential recordings due to it, im currently using version 1.7a p2, I was on the latest version, but thats when I noticed it crashing all the time, so I went back to 1.7, but it is also happening on that one aswell.

Im also using windows 7 ultimate - service pack 1
AMD Phenom II x4 810 processor
2gb Ram

Thanks for any potential help

UPDATE - When I was recording earlier, dvb dream stuck halfway thru a program and only recorded 23 mins of it, this is also a problem when it gets stuck when its recording

adamf154
Just can't stay away

Re: DvbDream keeps sticking

Postby adamf154 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 pm

So has no-one got any help or advice on this problem and it happened again last night on a couple of programs, and is getting really annoying as i cant check everytime im away to record something to make sure it works and now im thinking of ditching dvbdream altogether, i paid for this to watch and record tv, and im not really getting what i paid for at the moment, cause its not working properly
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 am

attach your log files from the folder where you installed DVB Dream.
take log files right after a crash like that before touching anything else or trying to terminate program/ restart etc.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 am

Ok i have added my log files, dvbdream was open, i wasn't watching it, it was just minimized on the taskbar, and when i click on it, it does'nt open up, it also does that sometimes when recording, i now have to go into task manager and remove it so it will close, the memory the taskbar says it using is 59,936 kb.

I need to try and set up a few recordings to get the other crash that it does, so i can get the files to you, it has done it a couple of times this week, but its starting to record so i just quickly restart it so i dont miss any of the recordings
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(11.24 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
bdaext.log
(191 Bytes) Downloaded 376 times
bda.log
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Ok this is the log files from when dvbdream starts to record and it just sticks as if is half opened, u see the outline of the program just in black and it regularly does this if im watching internet tv with flash player. I wasn't doing anything on the pc, all it had open was a windows folder and dvbdream, when it starts to record it flashes up to open it even if its open and that is when it sticks

Hope these files help as it is doing it far to often for my liking now, if i dont check everytime it starts to record i could miss quite a few programs
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(11.24 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
bdaext.log
(191 Bytes) Downloaded 374 times
bda.log
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 am

I can't reproduce the problem here. Log files look ok. So not sure what it could be the problem there. Maybe display driver or selected video codecs. Try Microsoft codecs and VMR 9 as video renderer and see if problem still happens
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:26 am

Ok ill try that from now, i was recording something earlier and it stuck halfway through, just same as the sticking when im not recording.

Im currently using microsoft v6, for video, audio and h.264 codec and VMR 7 as video renderer, so ill change that to vmr 9, and see how it goes
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:13 am

if you get a chance, try your device on another computer to confirm it is not display drivers or hardware related etc .
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 am

[quote="adamf154"]Ok ill try that from now, i was recording something earlier and it stuck halfway through, just same as the sticking when im not recording.

Im currently using microsoft v6, for video, audio and h.264 codec and VMR 7 as video renderer, so ill change that to vmr 9, and see how it goes[/quote]

I tried vr9 but it didn't seem to work it, it crashed after a few weeks and when i checked it, it somehow went back to vr7 but when i change it to vr9 now some of the channels dont work especially the bbc channels, and both my pc's are almost the same so there would be not point trying it on the other pc an i only have one tv card

Return to “General”