Schedule Recording, new user

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

hueofheather

Schedule Recording, new user

Postby hueofheather » Fri May 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi All,

I am new to DD but a long time MT user. I can't seem to get the built in epg to load hardly any info. DVBEPG works but I can't schedule a recording. I read through the guide from a previous user and followed it, but to no avail.

I am using DVBEPG 2.2.2.0 from the site here. Any suggestions would be great. I don't have to use that software if there is a better solution someone knows about. All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Windows 7, Skywalker 1
rel
relocation

Re: Schedule Recording, new user

Postby rel » Sat May 25, 2013 4:36 am

Make sure you use the latest DD version , so that you will have EPGPlus module.
You can change EPG-Cache optimization options under DVB Dream Main Menu->Options->Preferances -> EPG (TV Guide) to capture all EPG schedule. (need a restart after this)
If you still don't get EPG, please tell me on what satellites you are trying to get EPG.
9 day EPG is only available on specific transponders, you might need to wait on them a few minutes to capture long term EPG, since data is too much.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
hueofheather

Postby hueofheather » Tue May 28, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks Rel,
I have the latest version of DD, 2.2b p1. I am on sats 82, 91 110 and 119. I generealy can populate 100 percent using DVBEPG. I do get some video stutter if I use EPG plus and Select "all" under EPG cache in DD option. My processor is a 2.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad.

DVBEPG is usually very reliable under MT, and works with DD except in regards to scheduling. I am using the DVBEPG from the site. Version 2.2.2.0 Under DVBEPG config settings I do have DirectTuning=1.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

The prodram woks very well. Stable under HD generally easy to use.
Windows 7, Skywalker 1
adamo_625
Just popping in

Re: Schedule Recording, new user -EPG+ not populating

Postby adamo_625 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:15 am

Did you find a solution to your problem?
I have same DD on 82, 91 and 97 on XP machine with Skywalker (1? the blue box). On EEPG channel (for ex 84) populates most of 91, almost none of 82, 97 not relevant. Will not tune even if tuned to non-populated channel.
Cache enabled and set to always. Only other module loaded is DDosd for remote.

TIA
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am

hi , adamo, I'll try to help.
DD currently populates only the events from the current satellite. so you can populate 82 if you find a transponder on that with EPG information.
Please try this.
I'll try a solution/option to populate all available data and not only current satellite*

@hueofheather
DVBEPG is no more supported by DVB Dream, since it needs changes for new DD versions and its developper doesn't work on it anymore.
However, I recommend EPGPlus as newer altenative, it will be adapted to your needs by time. Just need your help by tests & ideas .
adamo_625
Just popping in

Postby adamo_625 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks,

Could not find the eepg transponder o 82. Looked also at lyngsat, did not see it listed, nor colored as 'interactiv'. Any way to find it with tsreader?
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 am

Thanks,

Could not find the eepg transponder o 82. Looked also at lyngsat, did not see it listed, nor colored as 'interactiv'. Any way to find it with tsreader?
You can look for pid 0x300 (dish) or 0x441 (bev) in TS reader , where considerable amount of data on these pids are the EEPG transponders. (green bars on these pids should be clearly visible where TS Reader lists pids)

"Score HD" should be the channel where long term EPG is for BEV. But I'm not sure.

Return to “General”