MIS and PLS support

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dirk362
Not too shy to talk

MIS and PLS support

Postby dirk362 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:09 am

Is there any additional information or documentation on DVBDream support for this?

Whilst you can set say ACM modulation in the transponder.ini file (indeed this line below is from 0130.ini from 2.4b)

Code: Select all

36=11432,V,27500,23,ACM ; Mediaset Stream 1/2
You can't set this via the manual scan option.
Also in manual scan you can set the PLS code and I assume box to the right of it is for the extra parameter (e.g. Root+8), and also assume SubStream ID selector will display stream IDs of say 1 and 2.

But ultimately I can't get my TBS6981 to scan Hotbird 11.432V - it always states 'couldn't get a lock'

It would seem the manual scan function hasn't yet been updated to fully support MIS, despite what the notes say on front page for 2.4b release notes.

Also will transponder.ini file support be updated to support PLS code and substream IDs (because if you set all the right parameters in manual scan and then add TP to file, it ignores most of the new parameters).

Tested against DVBDream v2.4b
TBS 6981 DVB-S/S2 DUAL BDA, Driver 2.0.1.6 released 12/04/2013 (latest driver)

rel
relocation

Re: MIS and PLS support

Postby rel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:16 am

- Modulation parameter is ignored for MIS .
- Substream IDs and root code will be defined in transponder files in future versions. Only available in manual scan for now
- I have done my tests with the latest TBS drivers for TBS 6925 / 64 bit windows 7. So cant say much about 6981 , if its drivers are updated for MIS support (driver should be newer - at least june 2013, need to ask TBS engineers), it should probably work
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”