Testing out with 2x DVB-T2 + 2 x DVB-S2 behaviour

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

subminiature

Testing out with 2x DVB-T2 + 2 x DVB-S2 behaviour

Postby subminiature » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 am

I have a Blackgold BGT3600 card that has 2 HD Freeview and 2 HD Freesat tuners on windows 7 64 bit, 8Gb RAM, i7 Quad Core 3GHz.

I also have cards in other PCs to check reception and signal strength using the same cables.

DVB Dream installed (demo - nice to try before buying). Everything worked 'fine' - some blocking and roll of the image on HD in particular. It found the Freeview channels and then the Freesat ones but where as I get listed twice for Freeview only one option per channel appears for the Freesat ones.

But then I can not select from the channel list. opening up Device - DBA I can select DVBS and DVBT tuners - 4 (ignoring the DVBC ones). I have to select from this list before the channel appears. Why? Also only one of the DVBS options gives me the channel - the other fails.

I am assuming that both DVBS tuners are working as Windows Media Centre found both before it forgot about having an installed card.

DVB Dream also refuses to rescan DVBT.

I have yet to try four channel recording which I can't see would work if it can't select the tuner and one doesn't seem to be working.

Any suggestions as to what might be done to get this fully working. Thanks.

subminiature

Re: Testing out with 2x DVB-T2 + 2 x DVB-S2 behaviour

Postby subminiature » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 am

I uninstalled the application.
rel
relocation

Re: Testing out with 2x DVB-T2 + 2 x DVB-S2 behaviour

Postby rel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 am

With multiple tuners, it is quite simple actually. (DD will keep staying simple, since these tuners are not widely used.)

Since you have 4 tuners, simply install 4 copies of DVB Dream into different folders / path. During each install rename the desktop shorcut name by adding 1, 2, 3, 4
(i.e. "DVB Dream 1", "DVB Dream 2" , "DVB Dream 3", "DVB Dream 4")
You should also specify different folder(path) for each installation (i.e. "C:\dvbdream1", "C:\dvbdream2", "C:\dvbdream3", "C:\dvbdream4")

Then configure each DVB Dream for each tuner (devices dialog, pick a different tuner for each DD copy)

You can run 4 DD and watch 4 tuners at the same time. With help of PIP you can watch 4 * 20 = 80 channels at the same time (if there are enough channels on the same transponder/frequency)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”