EPGplus partially populating

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

EPGplus partially populating

Postby Aucherie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 am

I am unable to get the EPGplus grid to fully populate for sats 110/119/129 after editing the channel lists for these birds. I have since deleted the "chlist" file and rescanned with no editing. I have also cleared the EPG cache and de/reactivated the EPGplus module ensuring that the settings include multiple satellites and my favorites list only with no success. The EPG for sats 82 and 91 gets the full 9 day schedule. I have checked Lyngsat.com for the correct EEPG transponders, so I am sure that I am parked on the right channels to acquire the data. This is confirmed by the fact that some of the channels do populate for 9 days. Interestingly, when I click on a blank channel in the grid it does tune-in so the correct channel data is available. Any suggestions before I go through the laborious process of un/reinstalling DVBdream?
Speaking of uninstalling, I have noticed in the past that using the usual methods does not result in its complete removal. For example, the program file folder remains containing some files, as I recall. This leads me to suspect that there is unremoved application data somewhere that I have never been able to find. Is there any way to ensure a complete uninstall? And, yes, I am aware that DVBdream has an uninstall program, but this seems to do the same thing as the Windows add/remove program function.
I am using DVBdream Ver. 2.5 with a Skywalker-1 and Windows 7. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/help.

Skywalker-1, Mac Mini, DVBlink, Windows 7 Media Center
rel
relocation

Re: EPGplus partially populating

Postby rel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:20 am

Hi, Aucherie , I'll try to help.
But I might need a few tests.

Try this:

In DVB Dream main menu-> Options -> Preferences -> EPG (TV Guide)

1) Try to enable "Collect EPG for other satellites too" and select "When in renderless mode ..." option.
2) Restart DVB Dream
3) Take DVB Dream nto renderless mode (CTRL + K)
4) Go to one of those channels where 9 day EPG is and wait for 10-15 minutes

then open EPGPlus and see if it populated all EPG?

if all works , then you can try other "EPG Filter optimization" settings, like "If channel is in favorite lists".
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-03-20 16.14.39.png
screenshot
Screenshot 2014-03-20 16.14.39.png (25.78 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

Postby Aucherie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks, rel, for the reply.

Following your steps does indeed get the 110/119/129 part of the guide to start to populate. The problem is without "only favorites" checked under the EPG settings the amount of time and CPU cycles required to acquire the data for nearly 3000 channels is prohibitive. After 5 hours, over 600K events had been fetched and the count was still ongoing before I terminated it. The EPG was filtered for "favorites only" (about 50 channels), but without "favorites" checked in the EPG settings the whole 3000 channels have to populate in the database to fill out the desired 50 favorite channels in the EPG. It appears that selecting 'favorites only" in the EPG settings prohibits the data fetching from starting, leastwise for 110/119/129. As I indicated in my OP, I have no problem with sats 81/92.

The obvious solution would be delete many of the scanned channels down to a more manageable few hundred, but as I said in my OP doing just that is what started the problem in the first place. I used the method of selecting the channels to be deleted in the left hand channel list than right clicked on "delete" to remove them. Is there is a more recommended way of doing this such as by using the "CHLtools" module? Unless I am missing something, this module looks only suitable for the wholesale deleting of channel types such as data, radio, nameless, etc.
Skywalker-1, Mac Mini, DVBlink, Windows 7 Media Center
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 am

1) When you right click on EPG grid (inside EPG Plus), there will be option "Filter channels", you can select "Only from the favorites" option, or "Only from the quick favorites", depending on which DD favorites system you use. That way EPG Plus will only show your favorite channels in grid.

2) And in DD EPG preferences, make sure you select the "If channel is in favorite lists" cache option. So that only those channels will be captured/cached by DD.

* Make sure you switch to one of EPG channels time to time and wait for a while, to collect EPG items for the coming week etc.
* Restart DVB Dream after changing cache settings, and clear EPG cache after restart (with the help of Main Menu->Tools->Clear EPG Cache)

I cant reproduce problems here this way, hope it helps
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”