No SD video with Windows 8.1 installation

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

No SD video with Windows 8.1 installation

Postby Aucherie » Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm

I just installed Ver. 2.5 of dvbdream on a Windows 8.1 PC. I get excellent video and audio on HD channels, but only the audio (no video) on SD channels. These are the video options settings:
Video Codec.....: Microsoft (v12.0.9600.92 - 05.04.2014)
Audio Codec.....: Microsoft (v12.0.9477.0 - 22.08.2013)
H264 Codec......: Microsoft (v12.0.9600.92 - 05.04.2014)
AC3 Codec......: Microsoft (v12.0.9477.0 - 22.08.2013)
AAC Codec......: DivX (v8.5.0.64 - 17.09.2012)
Video Renderer..: Enhanced Video Renderer
Audio Renderer..: Default DirectSound Device

These are the settings that resulted from the installation with the exception of the Video Renderer which I set to "Enhanced" from "Generic". These are pretty much the same options as I am using on a Windows 7 install on another PC that works perfectly. The only difference is that the Windows 8 versions are more current. I assume the problem is with the "Video Codec" setting, but the only option other than the Microsoft one shown is "Null (no video)". I would like to stick with the Microsoft codecs because from my experience and reading on this and other forums they seem to give superior results. My question then is does anyone have a set of codecs (preferably Microsoft) that work with Windows 8.1 and where can these be downloaded and installed?

For the record, I am using a Skywalker-1 with the BDA driver. Thanks in advance foe any replies/help.

Skywalker-1, Mac Mini, DVBlink, Windows 7 Media Center
rel
relocation

Re: No SD video with Windows 8.1 installation

Postby rel » Mon May 19, 2014 3:16 am

Unfortunately on Windows 8.1 , need to use other codecs, restrictions set by Microsoft, on codec licences.

For Microsoft codecs, need to stick with Windows 7. I haven't tried but maybe you can try to move codec Microsoft DLLs or AX files from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 but that can cause problem , so try on a virtual machine or risk your current Windows installation.

Try to install other DVB Dream Codecs. (Do not install Klite as codec, it will be unstable, try other search results)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”