EPG unreadable text DD 2.6

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

EPG unreadable text DD 2.6

Postby Viewfinder » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 am

Have just been testing the trial version of DD 2.6 as the old DD I have isn't compatible with DVB-T2 HD channels and after a good while to get the right combination of codecs to work with HD, all looks OK.

The issue I have is unreadable text in EPG. I have tried different fonts and code page settings in the Localization preferences and also tried different fonts in EPG settings such as Arial, Tahoma, System etc but still get some unreadable text. Strange how some programmes are readable, while some not.

Have done a search through the forum and most of the posts are about language characters.

I'm also using OEM TBSViewer (DVBViewer) and while there are no settings for EPG, it shows text fine.

Any advice / recommendations appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
EPGcharacters2.png
EPGcharacters2.png (47.03 KiB) Viewed 7641 times

Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

Re: EPG unreadable text DD 2.6

Postby Viewfinder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:03 am

Does milestone No.4 mean that the changes to EPG parser will have fixed the illegible characters problem?
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 am

where are you located ? if UK or Ireland, make sure you enable "FreeSat EPG" in DD's localization settings (under main menu->options->preferences ->localization)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

Postby Viewfinder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:42 am

Thanks Rel, in the UK. Just installed DD back on and left the Freesat tick in this time and it seems to be OK. I did do a fresh install of DD rather than add tick to an existing install.

Is there a way to search or filter the EPG for specific programmes? The reason I ask is - with the previous versions of DD where the EPG was in List View, I could click on the Title column heading and it would sort all the programmes in name order so I can see future showings of a particular programme.

With the new Grid view, I can't seem to find a search or filter?

Is it something to do with having EPG+ over the original EPG?

Many thanks again.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:26 am

EPG+ doesnt have a search feature unfortunately. But you can still use the old EPG for alphabetic order .
Just go to Main menu->Tools->Misc->DD EPG
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

Postby Viewfinder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Great thanks, that menu option works for viewing list view as a one off.

Just accidentally found out that by unticking 'epgplus' in Modules -> Module List makes list view the default for the EPG toolbar button. Excellent!

I can now sort by programme Title and look for future broadcasts that way.

Return to “General”