Current features, License

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

DavidS

Current features, License

Postby DavidS » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi,
I am a demo user here with a few questions before deciding on purchasing.

1)
I am thinking on running on two PCs at different locations.
It will be used as source to transcode and view myself remotely, so the two instances will not be running simultaneously at any time.
In this case will I need to purchase a license for each of the two PCs?

2)
There was mention in another thread about a adding a feature to stream over LAN more than one program, either from an MCPC or a multi tuner card.
Is this already possible, particularly with a TBS multi tuner card? (I only have a single tuner card and cannot test)
It would be ideal if any number of programs from MCPC or multiple tuners can be selectively send via unicast over LAN simultaneously.

Thank you.

rel
relocation

Re: Current features, License

Postby rel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:37 am

Hi,

1) One license per computer is required (hardware IDs will be different for the registration system, it can recognize the situation as violation / multiple usage of one license)

2) You can stream in UDP-TS format and use VLC as a client. There is an option in streaming preferences of DVB Dream, even with only one tuner, you can stream all channels on the same frequency , and select the channel you will watch on VLC. Or you can install a card with multiple tuners or install more than one card. Install a copy of DVB Dream for each tuner (by installing to different folders and configuring for each tuner) . You might need to specify a different UDP port for each DVB Dream installation.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
DavidS

Postby DavidS » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you, rel.

Yes, I have UDP stream of either "single channel" or "entire MCPC" working as expected.
You have also kindly clarified how to handle multiple tuners. (Whiter it is on a single PCI card or multiple cards)

I guess there is no way to unicast selected channels from one tuner then?
For example, from one tuner input locked to an MCPC containing 8 channels, I would like to send channel 1 to destination A, send channel 2 to destination B, discard all other channels.
I understand I can multicast the entire MCPC and select channel on the player side. However, having the option to unicast each channel would help reduce bandwidth when using LANs which I don't want to flood with more than necessary packets, and also the client player's are fixed to one channel anyway.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 am

I guess there is no way to unicast selected channels from one tuner then?
For example, from one tuner input locked to an MCPC containing 8 channels, I would like to send channel 1 to destination A, send channel 2 to destination B, discard all other channels.
I understand I can multicast the entire MCPC and select channel on the player side. However, having the option to unicast each channel would help reduce bandwidth when using LANs which I don't want to flood with more than necessary packets, and also the client player's are fixed to one channel anyway.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that on DVB Dream for now. Maybe in future there can be something like that. Btw it is possible to utilize DD Module API to write a streaming plugin specific to any need, if there is enough motive & programming knowledge.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”