Fast pictures. Best setup

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

gsa2078

Fast pictures. Best setup

Postby gsa2078 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 am

Hi there!

I am new to DVBDream. I do use at the moment the Version v2.7.1 with my TBS 6983 card.

I am using DVBDream to watch live sport and want the pictures to be "as much live as possible" (meaning a minimum delay).

When turning on my TV with it's normal standard SAT-receiver the pictures of the TV are a little bit faster (about 0.5 - 1 sec).
I tried the various Audio-/Video-Codecs (just added FFDShow, the rest is the standard Windows 7 libary) and Audio-/Video-Renderer to get the pictures faster. The try and error search for the best setup helped a little bit, but there is still a very small delay.

Can anybody help me to get the ideal, fastest setup?

- Any codecs I should download and try out?
- Any Renderer I should try out?
- Something in the DVBDream settings?
- Buffer settings in DVBDream?
- I have a PC with Windows 7 64bit version, sSD drive, 16GB RAM, Intel i5-2500 3.3 GHz. So I guess the hardware should be okay?
- Any other idea?

I am looking forward to any suggestions!

Thanks

Georg

rel
relocation

Re: Fast pictures. Best setup

Postby rel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:00 pm

DVB Dream & Direct Show has a buffered architecture, I doubt anything easy is possible to reduce that lag currently. Maybe doing things with hardware accelarated codecs as much as possible. and disabling timeshift / removing all plugins.
In future (not near), new versions might try different approach.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”