Recording

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

DawgE
Not too shy to talk

Recording

Postby DawgE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:08 am

Well i was able to test my first successful record last night. I recorded a movie that was Dolby Digital.

Now that I have the 2.5 Gigabyte mpg file I was wondering if it was already DVD Compliant. Since I am at work right now I cannot do any work on the file to cut out the extra "Blank Space" at the end of the movie I figured I would post here first.

Does it record in full MPEG2/48Khz streams that can be ripped right to DVD or do I need to do some massaging on the file first.

Also what is the TS format. If someone could explain it or send me a link to describe it it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW Rel thanks for the 1.1h loving it and working great with my setup.

DawgE
Testing
VS2K Extreme
DVBDream with Technisat SS2 USB on a AMD Athlon 750 640MB Ram 120GB Western Digital Drive, 128Mb Radeon Sapphire.
dmz01
Just can't stay away

Re: Recording

Postby dmz01 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:14 am

Also what is the TS format. If someone could explain it or send me a link to describe it it would be greatly appreciated.
Middle of page or so MPEG-TS info:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/research/futu ... trans.html
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:04 am

only thing I can say "DVD compatible" is packet size. (2048 bytes)
I think you would need some extra processing on the file to get a clean mpeg file but not sure, try it with the dvd-burning softwares you use. I'm still working for the stability of mpg output.

if you are planning to burn DVDs which are supposed to be working on DVD players, I would recommend TS format to record. (TS files maybe harder to edit but it will be perfect for other environments which you convert them to , without timing issues or possible corruptions)
DawgE
Not too shy to talk

Postby DawgE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:38 am

Well I did something I don't normally do and found the following about the MPG file that DVBDream creates when recording.

I dropped the file into DVDLab Pro and let it run it's demux process to move the files to the elementary streams. When doing this I found out this information:

Audio - 48.0 kHz, Bitrate 160kbps, Stereo, remember this was done on a Dolby Digital stream but now worries as I do not have Digital Audio out on my sound card.

Video tells me the File is wrong with the following Reasons:
- Cause: Not a 11172-2 or 13818-2 Video Stream
- If this is a capture from a TV it may have missing wrong header
- Please go to Tools and try fix stream headers on the file.

When i ran the Fix Stream Headers on the mpv file I got the following Message:

Done - 129.32KB were removed from the Stream

Once this was done I get the following Warnings:

This is a SatV File. Not all DVD Players will be able to play it.

The stats on the new mpv file are as follows:
Size - 544x480
FrameRate - 29.97 NTSC
Ratio - 4:3
Systm - SATV[DF]
Bitrate - 1707kbps

Time for the two files is as follows 2:42:56 for the Audio and 2:42:55 for the video so there will either be a sync problem or the end of the audio is cut off.

I will attempt a TS capture tonight and see if I can get some stats on those files.
DawgE
Testing
VS2K Extreme
DVBDream with Technisat SS2 USB on a AMD Athlon 750 640MB Ram 120GB Western Digital Drive, 128Mb Radeon Sapphire.

Return to “General”