internet streaming with dvbdream

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

echofan

internet streaming with dvbdream

Postby echofan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi There,
Just wondering if I can stream tv channels over the internet with dvbdream,vlc and skywalker tunner.
did some searches on the site but all I found was local lan streaming.
if somebody could please point me to a step by step or place to learn how that would be nice

thank you

rel
relocation

Re: internet streaming with dvbdream

Postby rel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:17 am

You would need a more suitable stream format for internet,

1) I have not tried but maybe you can try to use VLC to transcode local stream to stream over internet.
2) Or use a screen capture program and a free service like USTREAM. (this is easy & tried solution)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
kdj-eurodance-ltd

Postby kdj-eurodance-ltd » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Hello ! Sorry for digging up an old topic, but I am trying to do exactly the same thing. My Dad can't get free BBC channels from the place where he lives (South-East of France) so I'd like to brodacast them from where I live (West of France).

I followed this tutorial http://dvbstream.blogspot.fr/2011/12/st ... dream.html
I opened UDP 8085 port on Windows firewall, and on my router too.
I got my IP address from this site http://www.mon-ip.com/. Let's say it is 77.00.00.00

But when my Dad tries to open http://77.00.00.00:8085, VLC tells that it can't open this address.

Then I tried some extra steps, such as going to VLC's Media > Streaming, Capture Device, chosing Destkop. Then clicking Stream. Then chosing HTTP, then Next... No better.

I succeeded once to open the stream on my smartphone using my PC's LAN IP. Only once... never could do it again.

Maybe it is just impossible to share a video stream over the internet, only LAN is possible ? Or maybe it is not possible with the versions of DVB Dream or VLC I am using. This would be great if someone posted a detailed tutorial.
KDJ
Technisat Skystar 2 - DVBDream v1.4i - VLC 1.1.4 - Windows 7
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:27 pm

The tutorial above is not bad.

But both your upload bandwidth and dad's download bandwdith can be a problem and digital stream formats are not suitable to stream over internet.

You can try to further reduce video resolution , bitrate, audio bitrate etc to make it use less bandwidth) and try to stream over internet in a more suitable way.

That tutorial is pretty nice but you can also try this:
I would just disable DD streaming, then start a record on a channel, and open the record file with VLC while it is still recording. (it is possible) , then configure VLC's streaming options. VLC main menu->Media-Stream. First try on the same PC with another instance of VLC as a client. then try with your mobile internet (if there is mobile subscription on phone), then let a friend or dad test with your WAN IP.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”