Installation in alternative directories?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Aceb
Just popping in

Installation in alternative directories?

Postby Aceb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:24 pm

I have Dream installed in two directories, one is called dvbdreamku and the other dvbdreamc for two separate cards on different bands. Everything has worked fine until I've just tried upgrading from 2.6a to 2.8, now I'm getting an error on start up stating 'Invalid Filename'. If I install it into a new folder called dvbdream it works fine, is there an explanation or way to fix this?

ProfTuners 7301
Skystar II
Windows 7 64bit
58E-61W Ku
30E-61W C band
Aceb
Just popping in

Re: Installation in alternative directories?

Postby Aceb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:59 am

I can update my own post with the answer. If the file cable.ini in the transponder folder is deleted Dream fails to load with the error I reported. As I have my own up to date transponder lists I was unchecking the transponder files in the custom installation options. Let it install with default settings everything is fine until I delete that single file. As I'm only using Dream for satellite there was no reason to think I'd need to keep the cable configuration file.
ProfTuners 7301
Skystar II
Windows 7 64bit
58E-61W Ku
30E-61W C band
boost224boost224

Postby boost224boost224 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Makes me wonder if getting rid of resource hogging themes makes problems as well.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun May 15, 2016 2:10 am

I like your minimalist ideas by deleting the unnecessary files.I'll try to fix cable.ini problem in the next version

You can only keep default theme folder and delete the other themes.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”