Any Possible Way for The EPG to work In North America??

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

tvro1964
Not too shy to talk

Any Possible Way for The EPG to work In North America??

Postby tvro1964 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 am

I've came back to using DVB Dream again after several failed attempts at getting programs I can have a guide with going.
I have a Schedules Direct account for data but I'm not sure where to put it in the program. In reality the guide in DVB Dream is one I am not
at all familiar with.

ANY HELP OR IDEAS APPRECIATED MUCH!

Thanks

Wayne

Best Regards,

Wayne Thomas
rel
relocation

Re: Any Possible Way for The EPG to work In North America??

Postby rel » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:53 am

I suppose you use a satellite tuner (not ATSC). Then you should click on channels where full EPG is available. 9 day EPG for NA, you need a google or forum search to find which channels (or frequencies) provide EPG data. Then you can stay on those channels for say from a few minutes to hours depending on how much EPG Events you want. Check EPG cache options for this (in main menu->options->preferences)

Currently there is no way to use Schedule Direct, but I think one can write a free module for that to be supported on DVB Dream. I'll look into that, maybe in a few weeks, can try to write a module if there is enough information is available.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
tvro1964
Not too shy to talk

Re: Any Possible Way for The EPG to work In North America??

Postby tvro1964 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply rel !
I'm using FTA satellite.
It sure would be great to have module that would allow a schedule in North America.

I'm not much at doing code for such a project but I will be more than happy to supply any information I have
or can find to help. Just let me know what I can do
Best Regards,

Wayne Thomas

Return to “General”