Stream live sat using dvbdream to mobile phones over public wifi

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Ziad Ahmed Radman

Stream live sat using dvbdream to mobile phones over public wifi

Postby Ziad Ahmed Radman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello everyone .. this is my first post here and i hope you will guide me through this scenario.

I have an internet cafe around 24 computer connected to a wired network and all are managed by mikrotik server that
acts as DHCP, DNS, firewall and is the gateway to the internet. I have installed the dvb dream software on one of the PCs and it's connected to the digital satellite dish to stream the channel using vlc player installed on all the other computers. the ip address of this pc is 10.0.0.100 and i've done the configuration on every vlc palyer installed on all the PCs by writing the <ipaddress:udp port> of the pc holding dvbdream and it's running well.

Now i have a question here and i really need your experience to clarify this to me..

How can i do the same thing over a public wifi.. my scenario is like this.. once the client connects to my network
through the access point and logs in successfully, a button named "Enjoy Online TV" will appear on a web page screen
and once clicked a channel appears on a web page instead of vlc palyer window.

Thank you guys for sharing your experience to do this. :D

rel
relocation

Re: Stream live sat using dvbdream to mobile phones over public wifi

Postby rel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Try a service like ustream

Otherwise there will be a lot of work to have streaming through a web page. (you need a plugin player which is supported by all target browsers) Not easy job. Better to use a service which does this for you. I think you can pubslish part of screen as a virtual camera through ustream if I'm not wrong.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”