Recording from multiple tuners

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

clearblueskies86
Just popping in

Recording from multiple tuners

Postby clearblueskies86 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:48 pm

I have a 4 tuner card and have 2 of the tuners connected. Is it possible to simultaneously record from both tuners? If so, how is that done? The options->device menu seems to only be able to select one tuner at a time.

Dreamer

Re: Recording from multiple tuners

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Please try to use 2 different installations, just install DD into 2 different folders (name the second like DVB Dream 2). It was working good this way, I can't confirm it now.
Dreamer
clearblueskies86
Just popping in

Postby clearblueskies86 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 am

Doesn't seem to work. Both instances start crashing or becoming unresponsive when a 2nd one is launched from a copied directory.
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Try to use different interface for device. Probably the problem is that you have just one device and DD see just one tuner. Perhaps there is some way to identify multiple tuners, but I can't help you more with this, sorry.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:10 am

If Windows sees each tuner as a different device, then you can just install two DD copies (to different folders) and select corresponding tuners in each (during install or main menu->options->device)

It would crash only if you accidently launched the 2 DD installations on the same tuner. Also try to change codecs and renderers (some codecs and renderers might not work weşş)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
clearblueskies86
Just popping in

Postby clearblueskies86 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:50 am

In device manager, the sound,video,game controllers section has a single listing for the TBS 6908 tuner. Within dvbdream I can select any one of the tuners. Is Windows seeing it as a single device because it's only listed once in device manager?
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:29 pm

Just install DD into 2 different folders with 2 different names, then start first one, in DD menu select Options > Device select the first tuner, OK, then exit first DD installation.

Start second DD installation from second folder, select the second tuner the same way.

Then you should be able to use both installations at once.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:25 am

In device manager, the sound,video,game controllers section has a single listing for the TBS 6908 tuner. Within dvbdream I can select any one of the tuners. Is Windows seeing it as a single device because it's only listed once in device manager?
yes it is ok in device manager such multiple tuners are listed as single device. But in DD and on other apps you should see more than one tuner.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”