Packet loss

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

clearblueskies86
Just popping in

Packet loss

Postby clearblueskies86 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:54 am

The packet loss counter goes up in dvbdream (a couple of packets loss an hour on average). The signal loss counter stays at 0.

I've confirmed that the actual signal isn't breaking up. I have the coax going into a separate standalone receiver and then I have the loopout from the receiver connected to my DVB card. I've compared the recordings on both the receiver and dvbdream. There is no packet loss in the receiver recording (confirmed with a continuity count check of the TS file) and watching the video. There is packet loss in the dvb dream recording (confirmed with a continuity count check of the TS file) and watching the video.

Is there a way to get any debug logging from dvbdream to find out why it's dropping packets?

rel
relocation

Re: Packet loss

Postby rel » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 am

It just does a continutity check on the incoming packets from dvb hardware. Not much info here to gather from the device
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Jahabar Sadiq M
Just can't stay away

Postby Jahabar Sadiq M » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:27 pm

I too have the packet loss issue in large numbers. Refer below.

http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic ... =30#p14814

I am using TBS5990.

I have 8 LNBs connected to the device TBS5990 and set top box (Jynxbox) through Diseq switches (6 LNBs directly connected to 1.1 switch and 2 LNBs connected through a 1.0 switch and then to 1.1 switch).

Out of 6 directly connected LNBs, one of them is monoblock LNB receiving signals from two different satellites.

The output of 1.1 switch is connected to TBS5990 or Jynxbox (one at a time).

All LNBs are working fine in TBS5990 and Jynxbox.

But LNB1 of monoblock which is receiving ST2 Ku band signals (@88*e) is not working only in TBS5990 but working perfectly in Jynxbox. Moreover, ST2 is the primarily focused satellite with more than 80% signals.

When scanning ST2 satellite in TBS5990 using DVBDream (tried all versions from v2.5a till v3.1), at least 2 TPs are showing as empty where they are showing channels in set top box.
At least 6 TPs are scanning the channels only with Nameless whereas they are getting scanned with proper names in set top box.
While tuning to the channels in any TP got scanned with proper names, there are packet losses with broken images whereas they are working perfectly without any broken images in set top box.
While tuning any Nameless channels, there are huge number of packet losses with black screen (no image at all) whereas the same is working perfectly in set top box.

The other satellite from same monoblock LNB is working fine.
Tried swapping the LNB with a brand new Inverto Black Ultra and the problem continues to happen.

It is definitely not because of faulty LNB or low quality wire.

And sorry to post the problem in both threads. I felt this thread is also similar to the problem that I am facing.

Thanks,
Sadiq
clearblueskies86
Just popping in

Postby clearblueskies86 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:16 am

Have you tired another dvb app? I tried P***dvb and don't get any packet losses with that, but want to get the packet loss issue resolved in Dvbdream.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:34 am

Have you tired another dvb app? I tried P***dvb and don't get any packet losses with that, but want to get the packet loss issue resolved in Dvbdream.
I had a quick look at the packet loss (continuity check) routine but it justs checks packets coming from driver. Maybe it is because DVB Dream modules/plugins load CPU momantarily. Try to disable EPG cache, remove all modules and plugings, monitor CPU usage around packet losses. if there is a peak, driver buffers might be overflowed for a second etc while running DVB Dream. Disable signal/quality indicator. (options->preferences->general) Disable upgrade reminder, disable streaming, disable timeshift disable log file (all under preferences as options) Difficult to say anything but speculate.

I cannot do much testing right now for a few months, but If you find the culprit, we can try to think of a solution around that.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”