ATSC scan (no signal) problem

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

ATSC scan (no signal) problem

Postby Aucherie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

I am running DVDD v3.3 on a Windows 7 PC with an AverMedia BDA ATSC tuner card. The tuner shows up in Devices under 2 interfaces, BDA and StreamReader. The BDA interface results in an error while the StreamReader one appears to work OK. I say "appears to work" because when I attempt to scan automatically or manually there is no signal strength shown and, of course, the scan fails. There are no "Device Options" shown for this card where you can set the start or video frequency within the 6MHz bandwidth of the TV channel, so I did this in the Manual Scan settings, still with no success. The TV card works fine with the MediaPortal TV server software. I suspect the problem is with an incompatibility with StreamReader and I should be using the BDA interface, but am getting and error when I attempt to do this. The BDA interface is shown as v3.4.0. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct one or offer and other suggestions as to what might be the problem.

Skywalker-1, Mac Mini, DVBlink, Windows 7 Media Center
rel
relocation

Re: ATSC scan (no signal) problem

Postby rel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm

This TV card might not be supported because it probably uses non-standard BDA functions that are not documented etc. Avermedia is bad with 3rd party software support. Did you try Crazycat's blind scan softwares etc to make sure Streamreader supports your card?

Also attach your bda.log file please. Though not much to do since your card is Avermedia, nevertheless I'd like to see the log file to understand what fails.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

Postby Aucherie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:36 am

I don't know about Crazycat's blind scan software, so I will have to research that. I have attached the BDA log file. By the way, that is one obscure directory containing your program's log files!!!! I know you are outside of North America, so it is difficult for you to test DVBD's ATSC performance. It would therefore be helpful to hear from someone from this area who has it working. Anyone?
Attachments
bda.log
(472 Bytes) Downloaded 329 times
Aucherie
Not too shy to talk

Postby Aucherie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:51 am

The BDA log file I posted previously resulted from using StreamReader. FYI, I am sending along the log file for the BDA device which, as I said in my OP, results in an error and DVBD defaulting to the offline mode.
Attachments
bda.log
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

Return to “General”