Astrometa iViewHD

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

max_headroom_1988

Astrometa iViewHD

Postby max_headroom_1988 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:55 am

Using this DVB-T2 TV USB dongle with the supplied software it's very unstable (no surprise there). It's alright in DVB Dream 3.1 but scanning doesn't pick up the HD Freeview (UK) channels. What is the reason for this? Why are the HD channels missing, is that a DVB Dream issue or a driver / TV tuner hardware issue?

rel
relocation

Re: Astrometa iViewHD

Postby rel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:36 am

Are you sure you scan the correct frequencies for Freevie HD channels in your city/region? If you are sure, do you get signal on those frequencies? when you try a manual scan. Dongle might be using unsual way to set modulation paramaters for HD channels. Or HD channels might be coded in unusual way.

Please send me some sample stream from the HD frequencies, you might need to manually edit a channels frequency and modulation parameters for me to test & see the problem, so I can try to fix it.

How to capture a sample stream
1) Depending on the device you got there, you might first need to enable "Full TS" mode in device options & restart DD
2) start "TSWriter2" (or "Stream Recorder") module (under DD main menu->Modules) on the problematic transponder, record about 100 mb
3) upload file to somewhere (pcloud.com, justcloud.com, dropbox, google drive etc). and send links to me
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”