New BDA-Device-Driver for DD

New modules to be tested

Moderator: Dreamer

ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

New BDA-Device-Driver for DD

Postby ScanMan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:50 am

Because DD often recognizes not every device with an BDA-driver, i decide to write a new one...
This device-driver can handle DVB-S, -C and -T all in one.
Also you can select between the different devices in the Device-Manager.
DiSEqC for use with switches is also implemented - but will not work with every BDA-Driver !!!

It was tested by several DD-users and will work with the following hardware:
- Technisat SkyStar USB plus (... and certainly other cards). DiSEqC works.
- Technisat SkyStar 2 with Beta-BDA-Driver. No DiSEqC (B2C2-Direct will be better...).
- All Terratec-Products (S / C / T). No information about DiSEqC.
- WinTV Nova S. No information about DiSEqC.
- TwinHan 1041 (... and certainly other cards). RAW-DiSEqC works.

Please test it and let me know how and with which card it works.
Possibly rel can implement / deliver it with the next version ?!

:D ScanMan

Aaargh.. how to get the file uploaded here ???
It's loadable from here: http://www.dvbdream.de/site_download_544.html
(German DD-Forum)

Note: BDA device driver has been attached also here. - Dreamer
Attachments
BDA_ALL_103.rar
(75.63 KiB) Downloaded 3071 times

Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
petrusek
Not too shy to talk

Postby petrusek » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I am unable to make it working with my AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828).
Similar as in http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1070

EDIT: no longer interesting Log cutted

I see, that there is "Frequency: 626000 Bandwidth: 7" in log and I guess Bandwidth should be 8 (?)
Last edited by petrusek on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828) with BDA driver v 1.5.0.74
Athlon 64 3200+, 1024MB RAM, nvidia Geforce 6600
Windows XP Professional SP2 CZ
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:58 am

Hi petrusek and any other DVB-T-users !

Yes, you are right ! Tuner didn't lock because Bandwith was set wrong.
I fixed it. Please download from same location mentioned above.

:oops: ScanMan
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:29 am

Some more bugs fixed:
- Graph was not stopped correctly - causes HangUp or Errors when closing DD.
- Also could cause same errors after switching a lot of programms.
:oops: ScanMan
konkhra
Just popping in

Postby konkhra » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 am

This BDA-driver v1.03 it's great. I had some problems from time to time with the one included in DD, when i was switching between the Premiere and D+ channels. Many times i had to do a reset device to came again the signal and the image. With this driver i can change many times i like without have to do a reset device. Excellent work. Thanks for this. Now for the DD to be perfect, it should include a encoder plugin more or less like what vlc does to encode in real time the channels and transmit to the internet.
Last edited by konkhra on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Technisat Skystar USB Plus
petrusek
Not too shy to talk

Postby petrusek » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:47 am

It works!!! And It solves my problem with BDA device initialization which fails with default DD's DVB-T BDA device driver.

I think it should be placed somewhere here for other users. Section "Testers" is not public and doesn't allow to attach files (I wonder why...), but the others do... What about Test Versions or Module / Plugin Programming?
AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828) with BDA driver v 1.5.0.74
Athlon 64 3200+, 1024MB RAM, nvidia Geforce 6600
Windows XP Professional SP2 CZ
djpaul1963
Not too shy to talk

It works finally!

Postby djpaul1963 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:09 pm

Yes! It can initialize my Hauppauge usb stick Win TV HVR-900 and my KWorld 310 DVB-T and both work fine as well!
I also tried it with Skystar 2 and K-World DVB-S 100 and work also with them.

My compliments for your excellent work!

Paul Delia
Athens Greece
SKYSTAR2 :: SKYSTAR HD2 :: HAUPPAUGE HVR-900 :: AMD X2 3800 :: WINXPSP2 :: 2GB RAM
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:47 pm

Hello ScanMan,

thank you very much. Your work is appreciated. I have attached the device driver to the first post, now it's available for all testers, no need to register on the German forum.

If you think it's stable enough you might place it also on the other forum / group - for all DD users. Thanks.
Dreamer
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Re: New BDA-Device-Driver for DD

Postby FredB » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:54 pm

- All Terratec-Products (S / C / T). No information about DiSEqC.
DiseqC 1.0 (2 LNB only tested) OK with Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S :wink:

But still making DD freeze when used with a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i)
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:14 pm

What about Skystar HD and DiseqC?
Dreamer
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:31 am

@FredB
Thx for the last mail. I saw that the TS-Buffer is still really to small - your/this card/driver is sending about 770KB of Data at once... That causes the crash / freeze after starting. I increased it up 1.5MB. Should be enough now.
The next version should organize the buffer automatically up to the real needed size. That saves memory on machines with a little less of it...

DiSEqC:
Becaus DiSEqC is not an implemented feature in BDA, i used a little familar trick to do this.

Works on Terratec and Technisat (Technotrend) cards/Boxes but unfortunately not with every Hardware-BDA-Driver...
Neccessary to get it working is to have DiSEqC-setup in DD to 'v1.0 or 2.0' and set the related Satelleites to the correct Port !

Also urgent is to set 'Always force to resend diseqc commands' under Options/Preferences/Performance.

Repeat count must be minimum 1 (thats enough) - NOT ZERO !

THIS IS VERY URGENT - OTHERWISE DD SENDS NO DISEQC-COMMAND !

SkyStar HD should work also- if my SS-Box USB plus will work, this card should do it also with the same kind of drivers.

I added some features for TwinHan-Users:
DiSEqC-command will directly written to the card and supports RAW-DiSEqC as e.g. driving my/a rotor.
TwinHan Mantis-chips will be recognized correctly (by BDA...)

In the future it should be possible to use CI / CAM with DD and those kind of cards ! (not only Mantis, every TwinHan-CI)

HD:
My new TwinHan 1041 S2 CI works fine - but a little bit slow. I thing that depends on the driver itself. Unfortunately there is no newer Version than 1.0.5.9 available. Older/other driver for Mantis-Chips won't work.

But i've still a prob with HD in DD. DD tunes well - but no pic and sound becauseAudio-renderer is alwys marked red. I can't use Default DS or RealTek AC97. The graph won't be build by DD.
When i open the Video-Manager, click Apply and then EXIT (OK didn't work !), i always get a picture but no sound....
Should be fixed by rel in DD V1.4

EDIT: Works with Intervideo-Codec from WinDVD8 - but sound is still araound a half second late to the picture...

There is now an newer Version 1.04 available here again: http://www.dvbdream.de/site_download_544.html

After implementing some other features for (my) TwinHan and some expected bugs, i will set up a new thread in the common DD section here so that more users will have access to it.

@FredB again
YES & PLEASE: you can place it in the PC-TV-forum as well. But please write/give all the neccessary information discused here too. Your french will be much more better than mine...

:-) ScanMan[/b][/i]
Attachments
BDA_ALL_104.rar
(75.37 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times
Last edited by ScanMan on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 am

@FredB
Thx for the last mail. I saw that the TS-Buffer is still really to small - your/this card/driver is sending about 770KB of Data at once... That causes the crash / freeze after starting. I increased it up 1.5MB. Should be enough now.
So I have to reinstall my PCTV 450i in order to test this new release :wink:
@FredB again
YES & PLEASE: you can place it in the PC-TV-forum as well. But please write/give all the neccessary information discused here too. Your french will be much more better than mine...
I'll do so soon :wink:

Your new BDA device (v 1.03) has been successfully tested by two Compro VideoMate S300 users... I have no information about DiseqC handling for this card but your new device appears to solve scanning bugs on both Astra 19.2°E and Hotbird 13.0°E.

I think it should be useful to list all the cards that have been tested from now on.
Attachments
BDA_ALL.INI
French translation for BDA_ALL.ini file
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 am

@FredB
Thx a lot for translating !
A little 'HowTo' (Installing, using and more) is planed - Do you translate it also for all the french users ? Thx again !

Yes - we should take a spot on a kind of compatibility-list...
Will help to fill this: http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php
Eligible informations should be:
- DVB-Type (S, C or T)
- Type of PCI-card, USB-box or USB-Stick
- Version and Date of Driver
- Some information about the used hardware
- ... a little thanksgiving if everything works fine & as desired (rises my self-respect... :oops: )
or
- ... possible detailed desription of what not happens as desired.

Another thing can be helpfull also:
Variuos hardware is using TwinHan-Drivers - although they seem to be manufactured and distributed by 'NoNames'....
Therefore all users please have a look in the LOG-File 'BDA_ALL.LOG' in DD subdirectory '\DEVICES':
Can the follwing line be located somewhere during installtion ?
[DD-Request]::StartDevice - TH_IOCTL available

If yes, this device is using an TwinHan-Driver, might be an OEM-product and can support more features than standard BDA can deliver.
RAW-DiSEqC-commands should be available and... if your card has an CI the use of a CAM with legal SmartCard will be possible in future !

So lets wait and see what happens next...
Anybody has any other questions or suggestions ?

Hope to get more :idea: & information
:P ScanMan
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:20 am

I must not know what I'm doing. I tried the new BDA_ALL.dev driver by renaming it to bda_s.dev in the DD/devices folder. When I restarted DD, W2K immediately crashed. What did I do wrong? I'm running DD with a Twinhan 1025 DVB-S (only) card. Renaming the original back to bda_s.dev (after rebooting) and all is well again.
Twinhan 1025 DishPro LNB DP34 switch Echostar satellites at 119, 110, 61.5
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:22 am

It's not neccessary to rename anything !

Simply copy the extracted files from'BDA_ALL_104.RAR' (actual Version since today - download-reference is given here, look above) to DD's subdirectory '\Devices' and restart DD again.

Simply open DD's Device-Manager and choose the Device 'BDA-S/-C/-T' .
There the Author is 'ScanMan' (me) and the actual version should be '1.0.4'.
Interface Version must be '1.1.0'. (rel didn't told me how to talk to the newer 2.0 yet...)

Again simply click on 'START' - a 'must have' - selection !
If nothing else otherwise happens than an error... it's ok so far.
Close the window using 'OK' and select (if not still selected by previous use) any scaned programm from the list.
Normally a picture and sounf should occure...

If not and / or something crashes / freezes, shut down your machine normally in worst case.
After restarting you can have a look to the file 'BDA_ALL.LOG' in DD's subdir '\Devices'.
You should post it here so that i can determine what happened.

Some obviate questions:
- You really installed an BDA-Driver to your card/box/stick ? WDM didn't work !
- DirectX 9.0c is installed properly also ?

TwinHan-comparable Hardware MUST work proper if driver is installed well to the required DVB-Type (S, C or T)

I hope you succeed !

:lol: ScanMan

Return to “Test versions of modules & device interfaces and other tools”