New BDA-Device-Driver for DD

New modules to be tested

Moderator: Dreamer

FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm

A little 'HowTo' (Installing, using and more) is planed - Do you translate it also for all the french users ? Thx again !
No problem, I've already made a very little installation guide for the french members of forum PCTVSat (just a little explanation about this device and the way it should be used)
Various hardware is using TwinHan-Drivers - although they seem to be manufactured and distributed by 'NoNames'....
That the same thing with Technotrend Budget cards. Some Terratec, KNC One Station Plus, Satelco, Technisat and some other brands cards use some Technotrend based drivers. (ie Drivers for my Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S X4b* are called TTCinTun.sys and TTCinCap.sys the only thing that's different from the drivers released with a TT-S 1500 Budget in the *.inf installation file)

You can have a further look on MajorDVB website about SAA7146A based cards to get more informations about this.
if your card has a CI the use of a CAM with legal SmartCard will be possible in future ! [/b]
It should be great !!!

Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:23 pm

It's not neccessary to rename anything ! Simply copy the extracted files from'BDA_ALL_104.RAR' (actual Version since today - download-reference is given here, look above) to DD's subdirectory '\Devices' and restart DD again. Simply open DD's Device-Manager and choose the Device 'BDA-S/-C/-T' . There the Author is 'ScanMan' (me) and the actual version should be '1.0.4'.
OIC! All right, this time I did it the correct way. Found the driver in the Device list and selected it. Stopped DD and restarted and BLAM! I was looking at my computer's POST. So, I must say copying the files the right way didn't help!
Interface Version must be '1.1.0'. (rel didn't told me how to talk to the newer 2.0 yet...)
That must be my problem. How does one select interface 1.1.0?
Last edited by TheKrell on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinhan 1025 DishPro LNB DP34 switch Echostar satellites at 119, 110, 61.5
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Great news !!!!

I've succeeded in making my f... :x PCTV 450i (PCTV Sat Pro) running with the new 1.04 release of your device !!!

DD does not hangs at start-up anymore (error message about memory leak), so buffer size seems to be the trick :wink:

At this time, I can't give you more infos about DiseqC handling, my PCTV 450i is actually linked on my Terratec's coaxial output, so DiseqC is handled by the Terratec and so I can only receive signal on the Pinnacle card from the same polarity and band as selected on the Terratec card)

As I'm actually recording, I can't make further tests with this card, but will do it soon.

The last time I've tested this card with DD BDA native device, I've succeeded in scanning Astra 19.2°E without any crash but no way to get signal from Astra 19.2°E's low-band TPs. Last channel was also not shown at start-up, the card does not seem to receive signal until I click on a channel (same or different channel as previously shown before DD stop).

With BDA -S/-C/-T device, DD start-up a little bit faster and quickly shows the last selected channel !!! :D

Thx a lot !!!
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 am

@TheKrell

I didn't understand exactly what happens...
Did you install the right and correct driver ? It must be of type BDA - NOT WDM !
The 1025 has an BT878 chip i think. Therefore the latest BDA-driver is Version 1.2.3.8 / April 2006 . I will attached the neccessary files here. These files are for installing with WindoWS XP only !
I hope you know how to install these files ?!

You have to copy the files of the new Device-Interface while DD is NOT running. If you still have a copy of it in the directory, it won't work because of accessment-probs (DD holds the file open).

You can start DD an select the Device ? OK so far...
If you select (just mark the line 'BDA-S/-C/-T) - what kind of Device-name is written below the list-box ?
You should have to see a Text from which you must recognized your card proper !
If not, there's a prob initiating the card. Maybe a wrong driver or faulty installation.

When you next click on START... What happens exactly ? YOu got an error message ? Which one ?

Please close DD (or neccessary shutdown and restart PC) and have a look at the file 'BDA_ALL.LOG' (N O T BDA.LOG !) in the directory \Devices.
There is listed what happens when DD is calling the Interface and you/i should see where the prob is. Something might not be initialized correctly...
You can post the (short) content of this file here to let me see whats going on.

For another try please delete those files in the main-directory of DD: Settings.INI and Settings.CFG. DD must be closed !
Restart DD again and redo the neccessary settings of DD. Not very complicated...

Ooops - almost forgot the urgent Question:
- Your operating system ? W2K, XP or Vista ? 32 or 64 bit ?

:D ScanMan
Attachments
TwinHan_ 878_BDA.rar
Driver for TwinHan 1025 (BT878 Chip)
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:24 am

Did you install the right and correct driver ? It must be of type BDA - NOT WDM !
Yes, the source file is the default THBDA file which I downloaded from Twinhan.com for my card.
The 1025 has an BT878 chip i think. Therefore the latest BDA-driver is Version 1.2.3.8 / April 2006.
Correct! That number is embedded in the filenames of many of the BDA driver files from the aforementioned source.
These files are for installing with WindoWS XP only!
If that is true, then I installed the wrong drivers since I'm running W2K. There is a W2K folder in the aforementioned file downloaded from Twinhan.com; that's the one I used originally. The last time I installed the Twinhan BDA drivers, I just used the THDrvSetup.exe helper application in case I was doing something wrong before. (When I installed the Twinhan DigitalTV3.3, it may have re-installed these drivers.) I can try switching back to those in the W2K folder... In all of my previous driver file installations, I have never seen an error, nor has DD failed to start up fine and initialize the card.
You have to copy the files of the new Device-Interface while DD is NOT running. If you still have a copy of it in the directory, it won't work because of accessment-probs (DD holds the file open).
OK, the first time I tried out your DD BDA driver, I definitely blundered into that one (had DD running)... But the 2nd time, I followed your directions, didn't rename anything, and did not have DD running.
You can start DD an select the Device? OK so far... If you select (just mark the line 'BDA-S/-C/-T) - what kind of Device-name is written below the list-box?
Yes, following your earlier directions, I selected the BDA-S/-C/-T driver with your name on it. Now I see it mentions the 1.1.0 interface, while the BDA driver that I had been using shows the 2.0.0 interface. Below the listbox, it shows "DTV-DVBS 878 Digital Tuner Filter". When I select your driver, it shows the same thing with an extra "(DVB-S)" at the end.
When you next click on START... What happens exactly ? YOu got an error message ? Which one ?
Oops. I clicked on OK rather than Start before. I did that despite your clear instructions above. I cannot explain this latest blunder; usually I can follow directions! Must be losing brain cells in my old age. Anyhow, clicking on "Start", I see no error messages, but my sound/video quit.
Please close DD (or neccessary shutdown and restart PC) and have a look at the file 'BDA_ALL.LOG'
OK, I'm going to try this again using the Start button. I'll go ahead and post this message so far (just in case my PC crashes again. ;)
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:42 am

Please close DD (or neccessary shutdown and restart PC) and have a look at the file 'BDA_ALL.LOG' (N O T BDA.LOG !) in the directory \Devices.
Despite my lousy track record, I believe I am following directions this time. I closed down DD, posted the message above, rebooted, waited for all the disk thrashing to end, and started up DD again. It displayed the DD window and then the screen went black and my powerup self-test sequence began. So, I found a new way to crash W2K quite effectively. :(

I am running W2K on a 32-bit Compaq desktop. I will attach the bda_all.log for your amusement.
Attachments
BDA_ALL.LOG.TXT
BDA_ALL.LOG
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:33 am

I tried reinstalling the Twinhan BDA drivers from the W2K folder, without affecting anything. DD still works w/o errors using the DD default 2.0.0 interface DVB-S BDA driver, but crashes W2K when trying to use the ScanMan BDA_ALL driver.
For another try please delete those files in the main-directory of DD: Settings.INI and Settings.CFG. DD must be closed! Restart DD again and redo the neccessary settings of DD.
OK, I tried this as well. This time, DD ran long enough for me to attempt clicking on different displayed channels in the All (channels) tab. No audio or video. When I tried the 119 tab (to switch satellites), then W2K crashed. I have attached the latest BDA_ALL.LOG for your further amusement.
Attachments
BDA_ALL.LOG.txt
BDA_ALL.LOG
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
tryit
Home away from home

Postby tryit » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:37 am

Does this work with ATSC? I have an ATI HDWonder and have it running wiht both TSR and MT, would to have it available in DD. I tried playing, but no dice. If it does work with it, how do you set up a "sat" for it?
TH102G/Genpix USB
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:49 pm

JimA: That one I think I can answer. If your ATI has a BDA driver, then DD should be able to control it via the BDA Terrestrial device. There's one supplied with DD specific to each type of broadcast, including satellite, terrestrial, and cable. ScanMan's test BDA DD driver can handle all 3.
tryit
Home away from home

Postby tryit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks TheKrell, here is where I am at. I can get the last station I have tuned to, I have set up a "sat" for atsc and added a transponder list with frequencies, but can not get those freqencies to show up in a transponder list. Scanning I get the one frequency it was last tuned to, and it finds the station and all its subchannels. I seem to have something wrong with my transponder list or such. If I manually input a frequency from the manual scan it does not change frequencies and still finds the one it was last tuned to. Interesting, but i do get good sound and picture from that one.

Jim
TH102G/Genpix USB
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:05 am

nice work

I will try to help for the problems
at DD side soon. :)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
TheKrell
Home away from home

Postby TheKrell » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:50 pm

I can get the last station I have tuned to, I have set up a "sat" for atsc and added a transponder list with frequencies, but can not get those freqencies to show up in a transponder list.
Pardon my density, but I don't understand what it is you are trying to do. If you want to tune in ATSC stations with your ATI, there should be no sat or transponder info to enter! (At least that's my theoretical claim, lacking any DVB-T device...) Did you change your DD device (Options --> Device) to BDA - Terrestrial?
tryit
Home away from home

Postby tryit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:19 pm

Yes, i got nowhere with the old BDA-T, but the new one pulls in whatever station it is tuned from last use in another program.

If I don't set up a transponder list with frequencies, how do you suggest I change channels?

What I am trying to do is change channels.
TH102G/Genpix USB
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:11 am

ATSC is not supported on DD. Any BDA ATSC device can tune to frequencies with DD but scan won't work and it won't display video. This is due to ATSC - DVB compability issues. It might be supported in future.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Animaltm

Postby Animaltm » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi!
Its work very well, change channels very fast but i only have one problem and is with the channels who have the "SymbolRate 30000 (D+)"
freeze the image or simply dosen't see anything.
Attachments
BDA_ALL.rar
BDA_ALL_104_LOG
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
HISPASAT, SkyStar2, Driver 4.4.1 (29.08.2007)
Windows XP, 2048 DDR2, DualCore 2 E6400

Return to “Test versions of modules & device interfaces and other tools”