1.2x Frames dropped with multiple CPU

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB

neeko
Just popping in

1.2x Frames dropped with multiple CPU

Postby neeko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:30 pm

I begin using DD with 1.1h version with very smooth playback, when I updated to 1.2x frames are dropped and playback are not smooth than before. After many tries, i activate the option "prevent the usage of more than one CPU" and no more frames dropped.

SkyStar 2 PCI/Driver Ver 4.4
Intel Pentium 4 HT 3GHz/ Asus P5GL-MX
Video Intel 910GL Integrated
Windows XP SP2
Hotbird/Hispasat
DVB Dream 1.2e
coyote99

Postby coyote99 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:07 pm

Same issue, Disabling Multiple CPU stops "Dropping" of frames, and video hangs.
Twinham 1020a
Athlon 64 x2 4800+, 2gig Ram, Dual X1900 512DDR Ram.
stefan
Just popping in

Performance problem on multiple CPUs

Postby stefan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Yes. I expereinced the same issue. That is, I got very poor performance until I set the application to use only one CPU. For me this is a serious issue as I use the elecard decoder and it benefits substantually from multiple CPUs. However, whenever the application that's calling it is isolated on one CPU it can't use multiple CPUs either. This impacts it's performance. In todays world where multicore CPUs, hyperthreading (which is quite similar), and SMP systems are very common, this is something you guys really need to fix. If you ever plan on making this a commercial product and hope to convince people to pay for it, this is something that must be fixed. otherwise it makes your product look very unproffesional.

Return to “Rusty Posts”