1.2d - No audio on AC3 channels

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB

rascal
Just popping in

1.2d - No audio on AC3 channels

Postby rascal » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:40 pm

Hello !

I'm new to DD and I really like it :)
Unfortunately I have a small problem with AC3 all channels, and especialy with NRJ 12 HQ on 13°E (11585 V).

I'm using Ffdshow as audio codec, it works great with other DVB apps (i.e. Skyview). It works nice with DD too, but I if I select an AC3 audio Pid then I don't get no audio at all. Also, the Ffdshow icon don't show. All channels with AC3 are the same, but with NRJ 12 HQ if I select the AC3 audio Pid, then it goes back to normal Pid.
I tried with Nvidia and Cyberlink codecs, and I get the same result, so I don't think it's a codec problem.

My DVB card is a Skystar 2 and my sound card is a Sound Blaster Live.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks for this great software !

Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:48 am

I can confirm ffdshow problem on all AC3 channels, Intervideo should works good.

Hardware: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1GB RAM, ATI RX800 256MB, SB Audigy 2 Value, SkyStar 2 r2.3, Dish-Offset 120cm...
Software: Windows XP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, ATI Catalyst Driver 6.9, TechniSat DVB 4.4.0, Abakt, avast! Antivirus, Avant Browser, DVB Dream, FFDShow, Free Download Manager, freeCommander, HotkeyP, Kerio Personal Firewall, Media Player Classic, Nero, OpenOffice.org, Orca Browser, Photofiltre, PTBSync, Skype, Spybot, Trillian, Xnview, ZipGenius...
Dreamer
rascal
Just popping in

Postby rascal » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:08 am

Thanks Dreamer for your answer.

Intervideo doesn't work good, because it stays on 2 channel mode. If I switch to another mode, then it goes back to 2 channel mode. This has always been the same, whatever DVB application I use and whatever the sound card I use (SBlive or intergrated AC97)...
Also I still have the same problem with NRJ 12 HQ. No matter which codec I use, it doesn't switch to AC3 Pid.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:25 am

are you sure that channel broadcasts in 5+1 ?

I assume you already know AC3 isnt not equal to "5+1".

there are a lot of channels sending 2 sound channels on AC3 pid (it is just stereo most of time, they just use 5+1 when there is a movie which supports this format for example)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:12 am

I'm sure about ffdshow only, Intervideo worked well on the same channel, tested with more channels / codecs.
Dreamer
rascal
Just popping in

Postby rascal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:38 am

Yes, this channel broadcasts in AC3.
I checked on Kingofsat, and I also tried this channel on another DVB app : Skyview, using Ffdshow audio codec. In the systray icon, Ffdshow say "input 6 channel 384 kbps AC3".
With DD, the Ffdshow systray icon says "input stereo 320 kbps mp2".
In the channel property, there is 2 Pids : 1492 (ISO 13818) and 1493 (AC3). Only the first one can be used.
rascal
Just popping in

Postby rascal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:43 am

Hi !

I changed audio codec to Nvidia, and now I can say that it works :)
But...
I still have a problem with NRJ12 HQ. I had to delete the normal Pid so that the AC3 Pid is always selected. Else, it always switch back to normal Pid.
Also, I had to do this a few times before it works. When I quick scan the channel, it doesn't detect the AC3 Pid. I don't know how it worked, but after a few tries, the AC3 Pid was finaly there. But no way to make it work, the AC3 Pid was never used. After deleting the normal Pid, it finaly worked...
Note : this channel is always broadcasting in 5.1, it's a "resampled" 5.1. So even if the source is stereo, the output format is always AC3 5.1.

It would be nice to have some feedback from other DD users on this channel.

P.S. : I just reinstalled Windows and I'm now using DD 1.2e , so I can say that I did a clean install...
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:11 am

I still have a problem with NRJ12 HQ. I had to delete the normal Pid so that the AC3 Pid is always selected. Else, it always switch back to normal Pid.
Also, I had to do this a few times before it works. When I quick scan the channel, it doesn't detect the AC3 Pid. I don't know how it worked, but after a few tries, the AC3 Pid was finaly there. But no way to make it work, the AC3 Pid was never used. After deleting the normal Pid, it finaly worked...
Note : this channel is always broadcasting in 5.1, it's a "resampled" 5.1. So even if the source is stereo, the output format is always AC3 5.1.
should be fixed in v1.3
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:10 am

It works good with InterVideo, also after rescan ad restart, but still doesn't work with ffdshow.

Moved back to Bug reports.
Dreamer

Return to “Rusty Posts”