1.3 Can't et dvbepg shortcut to work

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB

red
Just popping in

1.3 Can't et dvbepg shortcut to work

Postby red » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:26 pm

don't think this is really a 1.3 issue, but didn't know where else to post it.

When I attempt to get the dvbepg guide to come up with the shortcut key that is selected in the setting of the dvbepg program the guide will not come up unless i select it from the modules list directly.

red

rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 pm

in v1.3a (released today),

now if user has an EPG module inside \modules folder,
pressing the EPG key on remote will start the module instead of internal EPG.

Starting DVBEPG should work fine this way. I will talk to Momotte about the remote control functionality inside DVBEPG. I could not get DVBEPG window to close with Twinhan remote.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Shortcuts still doesn't work. Perhaps option to choose what EPG will be used (as in older versions) would help, then also keyboard shortcut would open selected EPG - internal/external.
Dreamer
red
Just popping in

Postby red » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Thanks for all the work

I tried the remote function and it works fine. I did notice however, that moving inside the guide once open does not work as the focus seems to stay with the video window and thus movement in the window is not working.

I can also confirm the shortcut is not working
cyran0
Just popping in

Postby cyran0 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:29 am

I have the Twinhan remote (HID) and DVB Dream 1.3a supports it but i would like to have more control like switching render on/off . I did some experiments with AutoHotkey (also freeware) and I managed to map everything like i wanted except for DVBEPG. When i press EPG on the remote DVBEPG used to show up when using the remote feature setting of DD. Obviously, DVBEPG shortcut is not the default key of my Twinhan remote.

My question is : What is the actual shortcut that DD uses to trigger DVBEPG ? As mention in another post, the shortcut setting inside DVBEPG seems to be ignored by DD ! The best would be to have the shortcut for all modules to be displayed in the module menu.

thanks and keep up the good work ... :D

PS
trying to switch from myTHEATRE to DVB Dream
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:58 pm

As I said, Remote button (WinLIRC...) has been fixed/changed, but...
Shortcuts still doesn't work. Perhaps option to choose what EPG will be used (as in older versions) would help, then also keyboard shortcut would open selected EPG - internal/external.
Dreamer
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:11 pm

The best would be to have the shortcut for all modules to be displayed in the module menu.
To do so, the shortcut has to be implemented in the OnGetModuleInfo exported function of the module by its creator :

Code: Select all

function OnGetModuleInfo(ModuleInfo: PModuleInfo): BOOL; stdcall; export;
begin
{ Version de l'API utilisée }
ModuleInfo^.dwModuleAPI := MODULE_API_1_7;
{ Le nom qui sera affiché dans le menu "Modules"
ainsi que dans l’inspecteur de module.}
ModuleInfo^.szModuleName := 'Module Test';
{ Nom de l’auteur, il sera affiché dans l’inspecteur de module. }
ModuleInfo^.szModuleAuthor := 'DD SDK';
{ Email de l'auteur }
ModuleInfo^.szModuleEmail := 'dd@dd.dd';
{ Numéro de version du module }
ModuleInfo^.dwModuleVer := $01000001; { v1.0.0.1 }
{ Touche de raccourci permettant d’afficher le module }
ModuleInfo^.wShorCut := Ord('T'); //ex : VK_F9, [];
{Type du Module :
MODTYPE_NONE; // Module générique
MODTYPE_SCHEDULER;
MODTYPE_EPG;
MODTYPE_TELETEXT;
MODTYPE_SUBTITLE;
MODTYPE_REMOTE;
MODTYPE_POSITIONER;
MODTYPE_SOFTCAM;
MODTYPE_PREVIEW;
MODTYPE_SNAPSHOT;
MODTYPE_IMPORT;
MODTYPE_EXPORT;
MODTYPE_OSD;
MODTYPE_CHLIST_TOOL;
MODTYPE_RECORD; }
ModuleInfo^.dwModuleType := MODTYPE_NONE;
{Version minimale DVB Dream requise}
ModuleInfo^.dwRequiredDDver := $01020000; { DD >= v1.2 }
result := false;
end;
In this sample the shortcut is the T key of the keyboard.

(Sorry all comments are in French langage :oops: )
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
cyran0
Just popping in

Postby cyran0 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:52 am

update: a closer look at the handle tells me that all would be solve if the module author supplies it ... :-;

Huh ok but ... am I missing something ? What good is it to implement this handle if DD ignores DVBEPG shortcut setting ?

In the meantime ... what is the hidden shortcut that DD use to trigger that module ... plz ?

PS
until the remote feature get less rigide, i wish to handle shortcuts myself (with AutoHotkey)
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:22 am

There's two way to implement shortcut for DD modules, we've already seen the first one, the second one is using the DDEVENT_ON_KEYBOARD (or DDEVENT_ON_REMOTE for remote control) method, but if the module code don't implement at least one of this two methods, DD won't be able to handle them!

So DD can not guess what the shortcut for DVBEPG is, if this module don't "tell" DD which shortcut to use!

DVBEPG is not a DD native module, so some functions can not work with this software.
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
cyran0
Just popping in

Postby cyran0 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:49 am

ok but then ... the Twinhan remote feature of DD calls directly DVBEPG without a shortcut, right ? So there would be no way to even guess an inexistent shortcut !

If i'm not mistaken DVBEPG is obsolete ... AntEPG support would be nice then (i posted a request on dvbn) ... :)
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:47 pm

If you really want a DVBEPG shortcut, you can try HotkeyP as workaround, this command and parameters are needed:

Command:
Command to active window

Parameters:
433 dvbdream.exe&(Tfmain|ftvwindow|fvideo|TfPIP)

This feature works limited (in DD), only few options work, but it's quite enough, since other options have existing shortcuts, so these can be used - more here.
Dreamer
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:28 pm

Twinhan remote is a mapping of keyboard, in the setting window for Twinhan remote we can see that the code for EPG key is 69... 69 is the code for the 'e' keyboard key. But this only works if Twinhan remote is activated in DD!!!

So this shortcut is implemented in DD's Twinhan remote management and not in DVBEPG module.

Return to “Rusty Posts”