DVBdream prevents computer from sleeping/hibernate.

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

3dOptics
Just can't stay away

DVBdream prevents computer from sleeping/hibernate.

Postby 3dOptics » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 am

I am using DVBDream with a network encoder plugin and DVBdream prevents my computer from sleeping/hibernate. I assume DVBdream is using the windows SetThreadExecutionState function and preventing windows from sleep/hibernate while video is being watched. I thought setting video and audio codecs to Null would solve this problem but my computer still will not go to sleep. Since I am using a network encoder plugin DVBdream does not need to prevent sleep since the application receiving the data stream will prevent sleep.

Could you add an checkbox option that will disable DVBdream from allowing a computer to sleep when a network encoder plugin is being used or maybe it would be best to check if the video/audio codecs are NULL and then assume DVBdream is being used with a network encoder and assume the application receiving the data stream will prevent sleep.

I have done a fresh install of Vista and I am 100% DVBdream is preventing sleep/hibernation. I am also using a NULL tuner.

TBS 6920 PCI-Express DVB-S/DVB-S2, Driver Version: 1.0.5.1
Windows Vista Business SP2 32bit
Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H
ATI HD4550
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz
4gb of ram
DVBdream 2.2c OEM

Return to “Bug Reports”