BDA driver issues with Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity stick

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

manolito
Not too shy to talk

BDA driver issues with Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity stick

Postby manolito » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:46 am

After exchanging my Pinnacle 200e DVB-T USB box for a Pinnacle 2001e Dual DVB-T diversity stick DD's BDA driver cannot tune to the VHF channels with 7 MHz bandwidth any more. All the channels with 8 MHz bandwidth work fine, but it looks like the bandwidth setting is not passed to the tuner.

If I do a rescan then only the 8 MHz channels are found, no matter if the bandwidth is set to 7 or even 6 MHz. The funny thing is that ScanMan's BDA_ALL driver does recognize the 7 MHz channels, but this driver has other issues. It recognizes 4 devices instead of only 2, and I have the feeling that it uses only tuner No. 1 no matter which of the 4 devices I activate. Which means that the diversity feature does not work with the BDA_ALL driver.

BTW I tested this with the current DD driver 2.1 as well as with the older version 1.1, but no difference. For the BDA_ALL driver I used all versions from 1.03 to 1.08, and they all behaved the same.

The stick uses a driver named mod7700.sys by a French company called DiBcom. AFAIK the other popular diversity stick TerraTec Cynergy uses the same driver, so this problem might apply to more people than just me.

Cheers
manolito

Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Stick 2001e (DVB-T)
WinXP Professional SP3
CPU Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz (Coppermine)
manolito
Not too shy to talk

Followup

Postby manolito » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 am

Here is the BDA log file which shows how I first tune to a UHF station with 8 MHz bandwidth and then to a VHF station with 7 MHz bandwidth.

Cheers
manolito
Attachments
bda_log.txt
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Stick 2001e (DVB-T)
WinXP Professional SP3
CPU Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz (Coppermine)

Return to “Bug Reports”