1.5f crashing on weak signals

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Aceb
Just popping in

1.5f crashing on weak signals

Postby Aceb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Thought I'd give DVBd another go so installed 1.5f but every time it tries to display a weak, mariginal locking signal it crashes. It was installed on XP 32 bit but I freshly installed W7 64bit to see if that cured it, it hasn't. As soon as I switch to a signal that it struggles to display it crashes. If I bring up the transponder to scan it there's no problem, only when it tries to display the picture. The same signal on the same PC using ProgD doesn't crash so I don't think it's an issue with the card or graphics driver. Is there anything I can try to resolve this, as it hangs or just crashes I'm not sure there's a log I can send?

ProfTuners 7301
Skystar II
Windows 7 64bit
58E-61W Ku
30E-61W C band
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am

Are you sure it's signal issue? Try to disable DDOSD module and restart DD - it's another known issue, perhaps it's related.
Dreamer
shaking
Just popping in

Postby shaking » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:29 am

thanks for the tip Dreamer...

I have the same issue on low signal (cloud/rain storm etc). I've disabled ddosd and will see what happens over the next couple days.
Rainy weather for the next few days.

I find it happens more often when i use "nxt" vs "acmd".
Skystar2/Genpix/2.11.6
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:25 am

can you give more information about the crash ?
crash log or a screenshot ?

try to remove all plugins and modules.
try to change codecs as well, some might not work well with broken streams
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
shaking
Just popping in

Postby shaking » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 am

ok thanks ill try to get some logs for you.

We had a few storms in the past weeks, resulting in crashing every time.No eureka dialog.
- I can reproduce by blocking my LNB (my hand or broom) for a few seconds.

- im using Genpix2, DVBlink MCE plugin & Next, so ill see if i can reproduce. & send some clean logs as of recent.

But first ill remove plugins and see if i get a crash.
Also most of my Codecs are null im in constant Renderless mode, as we use Mediacenter as the front end. I've tried different codec combinations overs the months hoping to resolve it.

i use to have all the time in the world, testing is hard to come by these days :shock:

Thanks Rel, stay tuned
Skystar2/Genpix/2.11.6
shaking
Just popping in

Postby shaking » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 am

SOLVED - with version 1.5g

It's been a week with 4 days of heavy rain storms (southern Canada).
And not one crash on signal loss. (i use a 36" starchoice dish & invacom that eliminates 99% of weather fade/signal loss)

I have blocked the signal with my hand etc, and dvbdream just sits and reports signal loss (meters), before Dvbdream would instantly crash on signals that went below 60-70%.

Perfect.

Thanks dream team.
Skystar2/Genpix/2.11.6

Return to “Bug Reports”