loss of signal every 12 seconds on scheduled recordings

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dirk362
Not too shy to talk

loss of signal every 12 seconds on scheduled recordings

Postby dirk362 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Environment
3 x PCI PCTV 4000i dual DVB-S
1 x PCI-e TBS 6981 dual DVB-S2
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Latest TBS and PCTV drivers
AMD PhenomII X6 1090T 3.2GHz
650W PSU
2 x 1TB WD HDD, 2 x 2TB WD HDD, 2 x 2TB Samsung HDD
8 Instances of DVBDream 1.7a (latest download to correct bugs)
5 instances record to 1 drive, 3 instances record to another drive.

Schedule is set to start a new instance of DVBDream one per minute, and to record (in some cases multiple channels on same transponder). All scheduled instances are set to run render-less, minimized, with quit at end. I quit given machine powers off automatically via schedule about 30 mins after all recordings complete (to save power & money).

If I manually start all instances, set them to the channels I want, turn off render etc, and record - all works fine.
If I run these as scheduled recordings (therefore run by Windows Task Scheduler), one of the 8 instances (usually 4th) will fail with a loss of signal once every 12 seconds.
If I change cables, or scheduled sequence etc, effectively the problem stays in that it's usually the 4th instance that doesn't work. Meaning it's not cabling, LNB, or settings (as best I can determine).
All instances have all modules disabled, and all settings that might impact performance disabled as well.
All instances have Video & Audio Codec set to Windows 7 MPEG2, with Enhanced Video Render and Default Direct Sound device.

I thought power, but then why would manually doing the recording work fine...
Packet Losses increases by 4 on each 12 second blip, and Signal Losses usually (but not every time) increases by 1. No DS resets or T.Breaks.

Any ideas ?
Attachments
bda.log
bda.log
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
dvbdream.log
dvbdream.log
(8.41 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

rel
relocation

Re: loss of signal every 12 seconds on scheduled recordings

Postby rel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 am