packet losses

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

toti

packet losses

Postby toti » Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 pm

I have problem with dvb dream 1.7 with proof 8000 pcie

when i make record from dvbs2 channel they appear that packet losses more than 0 , after recording to 20 min they become 6 and after 2 hours recording they become more than 40 packet losses.

i use cyber link video decoder codec
processor core i5
graphic card Nvidia 450 GTs

rel
relocation

Re: packet losses

Postby rel » Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 am

Only happens on DVB-S2 ? You have good signal levels and a very well fixed dish there (any wind effect ?)
Packet Losses: How many continuity errors detected on the incoming stream. This is the reason for most of the picture freezes and glitches. Caused by weak signal level or a warmed up tuner (!)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
toti

Re: packet losses

Postby toti » Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 am

Only happens on DVB-S2 ? You have good signal levels and a very well fixed dish there (any wind effect ?)
Packet Losses: How many continuity errors detected on the incoming stream. This is the reason for most of the picture freezes and glitches. Caused by weak signal level or a warmed up tuner (!)
Occurs mainly with DVB-S2 transponder , very rare to occur with DVB-S
signal level 75% - Quality Level 41%
dish fixed well it is small diameter 85 cm with only one centered LNB ( no wind effect )
after 2 hour recording from 2 HD channel packet losses about 245
Attachments
packet_losses.png
packet_losses.png (10.26 KiB) Viewed 4192 times

Return to “Bug Reports”