can't write to registry. OpenKey() Failed! ref:041020111415

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Andy930c

Postby Andy930c » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:38 am

Hi

I've installed DVB Dream on my Windows 8 Professional 32 Bit Windows. I've deactivated Antivirus und Firewall before installing the software. The installation completes without error.

When I start DVB Dream, the following error message appears:

Antivirus und Firewall still inactive, the PC is not in a domain / active directory.
When I start DVB Dream as Administrator (right click, run as Administrator), the program runs just fine and I can enter the registration key.

When I start the program as normal user, the "registry error" appears again and the program reports the evaluation period expired. Starting as Administrator, the software starts with no errors and reports to be registered.

So why don't I run the program as Administrator then? Since I want to schedule recordings, I can't run DVB Dream as Administrator.

I have uninstalled DVB Dream, cleaned with the fix-tool, removed manually all remaining files in the program folder, rebooted and reinstalled in another directory. Same problem.

Can someone please help me?
Andy

rel
relocation

Re: can't write to registry. OpenKey() Failed! ref:041020111

Postby rel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:02 pm

So why don't I run the program as Administrator then? Since I want to schedule recordings, I can't run DVB Dream as Administrator.
DD will need admin rights. For most of the operations. So I am not sure how to help you.
I'd say better disable UAC or you can manually change username/password for scheduled Windows Task Scheduler items. (make every scheduler item run with admin user)

Maybe next versions will be more flexible with Windows security settings but that needs a lot of work at DD side (currently not possible with any simple patch/update soon)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Bug Reports”