Repeatedly asked to enter key

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Rick
Just popping in

Repeatedly asked to enter key

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:25 am

Hi, I'm currently running a registered copy of DVBDream v 2.7.2 p1. Twice in the last 2-3 weeks it has failed to record a scheduled programme and when opened manually has come up with the trial version splash-screen asking me to buy/register it. Re-entering the registration key then allows it to continue as normal (until the next time it occurs). When application is open the Help>About information shows it to be registered. Missing scheduled programmes is frustrating. Any solution please? (OS=Win10 Pro 64bit fully up to date) Regards, Rick

rel
relocation

Re: Repeatedly asked to enter key

Postby rel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:39 am

Little weird issue, might be related to access rights to folder where DD installed or the antivirus / antispyware softwares you might be using. You could try to reinstall DVB Dream into another path after removing all files and registry records (use ddfix tool provided in members section)
If you already tried this, then you might have to wait for a while, maybe a few weeks .
v2.8 (next major version) will have a different registration system that should sort out the problem.
These is a minor update upcoming (v2.7.4 ) but it wont address this problem since it is a minor update.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Rick
Just popping in

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:08 am

Thanks for the prompt response. I will wait for v2.8 & in the meantime try & spot a pattern in the occurrences. Regards
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Try what I said in this post and let me know if it helps
http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4369
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Bug Reports”