Lockup after trying to saye sat in positioner setting

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

cmorethenutoday
Not too shy to talk

Lockup after trying to saye sat in positioner setting

Postby cmorethenutoday » Mon May 02, 2016 1:34 am

When I try and modify e a previously saved satellite Position menu by selecting Positioner/Modify. DVBDrean locks up and can only be closed by going to Task Manager.

This does not occur on all saved satellite positions with most being easily modified. just a couple. they are always the same ones. the only work around I have been able to do is completely delete the offending satellite from the settings, restart DVBDream then reinput the missing satellite. this will sometime reset the sat position to NA and then I select Modify and store.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

rel
relocation

Re: Lockup after trying to saye sat in positioner setting

Postby rel » Sun May 15, 2016 12:47 am

which DVB Device do you use? genpix / TBS or ?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
cmorethenutoday
Not too shy to talk

Postby cmorethenutoday » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Apologies for the late reply, I am using a TBS 6982 PCIe Card.

Yes this still happens on v 3,

I am using a Titanium ASC 1 positioner.

Also note that with V3 everytime I start the program it selects Streamreader instead of BDA.

Can the number of saved Positions in Positioner settings be changed from 59 to 199.

Alek
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:16 am

I have added some fail checks to positioner.
Also made memory capacity adjustable by user in options. You can freely set it (it was hardcoded depending on the motor type)
These will be available in next version soon.
But to solve your problem I think I will need your CHL file (channel list file, chlist.chl) to test with. Probably you have too many satellites or something at limits. (max 128 satellites can be defined by CHL structure)
Also note that with V3 everytime I start the program it selects Streamreader instead of BDA.
This one I cannot reproduce, maybe it crashes and cannot save the selected device / returns to last successfully used device.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
cmorethenutoday
Not too shy to talk

Postby cmorethenutoday » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi

I have noticed that dvbdream crashes when attempting to save positioner locations. It only occurs on specific satellite locations not all of them. My workaround is to delete the satellite.ini file from the transponder folder as well as the saved satellite. Restart DVBdream and reinput the satellite location back into DVBdream. Create a new searched ini file from a 3rd party program and save in transponder folder, scan the satellite, save the chs and then save the position.

Yes I do have a Large ch listing as I can see numerous satellites from 57e to 189e. I have managed to fill the max 60 locations that previously limited storage. It I believe you have now increased the memory locations.

I will submit ch listings and error logs as requested.

Return to “Bug Reports”